• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error 500 on POST request

akdotcom

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a node's app which has been deployed and I'm able to access the home page. But when I send any POST request by submitting a form I get the 500 error.

I have checked all error log files in "/var/www/vhosts/<domain>/logs" and "/var/log" and none provides any information that helps to understand the related issue.

Please any help understanding and resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

When you encounter a 500 Internal Server Error in your Node.js application after submitting a form, there are several steps you can take to identify and resolve the issue:

Check Server Logs to ensure you are looking at the correct logs. Sometimes, Node.js applications might log errors to the console rather than a file. After that, run your Node.js application with debugging turned on, using a tool like pm2 or by appending --inspect to your start command.

node --inspect server.js

Implement Error Handling:

• Make sure your Node.js application has comprehensive error handling. Wrap your route or controller logic in try-catch blocks and log the errors.
app.post('/your-route', async (req, res) => {
try {
// Your form submission logic
} catch (error) {
console.error(error);
res.status(500).send('Internal Server Error');
}
});

Review the Form Submission Code - Double-check the code handling the form submission. Ensure that it handles errors gracefully and provides appropriate responses.
Inspect Network Requests - Use browser developer tools to inspect the network request. Check the response received from the server for more details about the error.
Update Dependencies - Ensure your Node.js application dependencies, including frameworks and libraries, are up-to-date. Run npm outdated to check for outdated packages and update them if necessary.

npm update

Check Environment Variables and ensure that any environment variables your application relies on are correctly set, especially those related to production deployments.
Increase Logging - Temporarily increase logging levels in your application to gather more information about the state of your application during the form submission.
Review Server Configuration - Check your server (e.g., Nginx, Apache) configuration for any issues related to request handling, proxy settings, or SSL termination.

Back