• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error 550 SSL/TLS required on the control channel

Necroman

Basic Pleskian
Hi! I always get this error when trying to manage files on my webspaces.

It says:
Unable to connect to Plesk
550 SSL/TLS required on the control channel

Screenshot attached

Can someone help? Thanks!

Attachments

• tmp_30956-Screenshot_2015-09-22-05-44-19-1375272373.png
    tmp_30956-Screenshot_2015-09-22-05-44-19-1375272373.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
Hi Necroman,

did you try to set both ( FTP AND FTPS ) connections to be valid at: Plesk > Tools & Settings > Security Policy ( FTPS usage policy ) ? If yes, please change the setting and hit "o.k." and please re-change the setting back to both usage again.

Hi!
I have Allow only secure FTPS connections checked. If i change it to allow both won't the server be less secure?
If i allow both secure and non-secure it works, but shouldn't the app be updated to work with FTPS?
Thanks!

Hi Necroman,

the app does support FTPS, but your client was not requesting a secure connection, or the server denied the request, in case of misconfiguration(s), or missing certificate(s), or their misconfiguration(s). Please investigate with the help of log - files, why the server denied the access over FTPS for your client.

You have to decide for yourself, if a secure transfer is necessary or not. If you think, that your data - transfer absolutely needs a secure connection, then you will decide only to use secure connections. Your server is not less secure with both options.

Back