• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error after trying to update to obsidian

McCoy

New Pleskian
OS‪CentOS 6.10 (Final)‬
ProductPlesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #94

I tried to update plesk onyx to obsidian and I got an error, the update didn't work and now I have the following error message on the dashboard:

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Template processing failed: file = /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainVhost.php, error = Template_Exception: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.dom_level_usrs' doesn't exist, query was: SELECT `d`.`id`, `d`.`status`, `d`.`name`, `d`.`htype`, `d`.`cl_id` AS `clientId`, `d`.`parentDomainId`, `d`.`webspace_id` AS `webspaceId`, `d`.`webspace_status` AS `webspaceStatus`, `duc`.`email`, `toa`.`val` AS `turnOffAction` FROM `domains` AS `d` LEFT JOIN `dom_level_usrs` AS `du` ON du.dom_id = d.id LEFT JOIN `Cards` AS `duc` ON duc.id = du.card_id LEFT JOIN `dom_param` AS `toa` ON toa.dom_id = d.id AND toa.param = "turnOffAction" WHERE (d.id = 1) file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 28 code: 0 Previous error: Plesk\Exception\Database: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.dom_level_usrs' doesn't exist, query was: SELECT `d`.`id`, `d`.`status`, `d`.`name`, `d`.`htype`, `d`.`cl_id` AS `clientId`, `d`.`parentDomainId`, `d`.`webspace_id` AS `webspaceId`, `d`.`webspace_status` AS `webspaceStatus`, `duc`.`email`, `toa`.`val` AS `turnOffAction` FROM `domains` AS `d` LEFT JOIN `dom_level_usrs` AS `du` ON du.dom_id = d.id LEFT JOIN `Cards` AS `duc` ON duc.id = du.card_id LEFT JOIN `dom_param` AS `toa` ON toa.dom_id = d.id AND toa.param = "turnOffAction" WHERE (d.id = 1) file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php line: 53 code: 1146 Previous error: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.dom_level_usrs' doesn't exist, query was: SELECT `d`.`id`, `d`.`status`, `d`.`name`, `d`.`htype`, `d`.`cl_id` AS `clientId`, `d`.`parentDomainId`, `d`.`webspace_id` AS `webspaceId`, `d`.`webspace_status` AS `webspaceStatus`, `duc`.`email`, `toa`.`val` AS `turnOffAction` FROM `domains` AS `d` LEFT JOIN `dom_level_usrs` AS `du` ON du.dom_id = d.id LEFT JOIN `Cards` AS `duc` ON duc.id = du.card_id LEFT JOIN `dom_param` AS `toa` ON toa.dom_id = d.id AND toa.param = "turnOffAction" WHERE (d.id = 1) file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zendframework/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php line: 235 code: 42 Previous error: PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.dom_level_usrs' doesn't exist file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zendframework/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php line: 228 code: 42S02. Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter

I'm more of a front end developer and would appreciate any help!

I also have the error log from the failed update if that helps.

TIA

CentOS 6 is not a supported operating system for Plesk Obsidian.

I assume that the upgrade threw several errors. I suggest to install a fresh server with CentOS 7.9, install Plesk on it and restore your full server backup from Plesk to it.

CentOS 6 is not a supported operating system for Plesk Obsidian.

I assume that the upgrade threw several errors. I suggest to install a fresh server with CentOS 7.9, install Plesk on it and restore your full server backup from Plesk to it.

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply.

I'm really not that experienced with server side stuff, I'm more of a front end dev so I'm worried. Would there be a way to just fix the error message and just carry on using plesk onyx for now?

Thanks again!

EDIT:

So ideally if I could restore it to how it was before, but keeping any changes made to websites and their databases that would be great. If that's not possible if I could restore it to a back up made before the I tried updating, if that's possible.

Last edited:
If you ran an upgrade to Obsidian and the upgrade failed half-way, your only option is to complete the upgrade by fixing the requirements and running upgrade routines again. However, CentOS 6 cannot be upgraded to 7.9 easily, so in this case your option is to install a new server and restore the full backup from your old server to the new.

If the upgrade stopped and reverted to the previous version, you can try to fix the "previous" Plesk version by running
# plesk repair installation
and
# plesk repair database -y

If I was you, in this case I'd buy Plesk support for this case. It is really something complicated. I guess this cannot be solved successfully, but if someone can determine this, it is only Plesk staff.

Thanks Peter, appreciate you taking the time to help me with this.

Think I will try ringing hosting company and see if they can help (we have been their customer for a long time with a lot of websites). If they can't help for free will try and get a quote.

Again thanks a lot for your help, really does help to talk to someone who knows their stuff!

Back