• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Error: Another administrator is activating a configuration now

SAGraphics

New Pleskian
Trying to ban 3 IP address via the firewall. I created a custom rule, but when I try to apply it, I get:

"Error: Another administrator is activating a configuration now."

Why is this happening and what can I do about it?

I suppose that the previous attempt to apply firewall activation/configuration failed from Plesk Firewall extension and further updates are locked. Try to fix it with the following steps:
  1. Stop the sw-cp-server service:
    Code:
    # service sw-cp-server stop
  2. Remove the lock file /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/safeact.confirm:
    Code:
    # rm /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/safeact.confirm
  3. Start the sw-cp-server service:
    Code:
    # service sw-cp-server start
  4. Try to activate/configure the firewall again from Plesk firewall extension.

I found this thread today because I had the same error. Before trying the solution above, I tried the following instead and it worked:
  • In Plesk Panel go to Firewall > Modify Plesk Firewall Rules
  • Click Discard Changes > OK
I then checked and the previous rule I'd entered was still there. I don't know what change it thought was stuck, but this fixed it.

Back