• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved error code: 1013

Goran

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a problem with plesk/whmcs. the error is
plesk version is 17
whmcs version is 7.1.2
"error code: 1013. error message: customer with email is not found in panel. please contact your service provider"

Which may be the problem?

Hi,

I too am experiencing this issue.. (I came across it just recently, as I am manually aligning my customers in plesk, and manually importing them into WHMCS.). I am not seeing it with all clients, that i have set up though - so something is a bit amiss here.

So, first, a bit of background.

Plesk Onyx (17.5.3 MU17)
Centos 7.3.1611 (Core)‬
WHMCS 7.2.3

I have been through the following steps :
  1. configure the client correctly in Plesk - ensuring contact details are correct, and the email is correct (we use this later in WHMCS)
  2. ensure the appropriate subscription(s) are owned by the client configured in step 1
  3. Manually add a client to WHMCS and set the email address as the email in step 1
  4. Manually "import" the products representing the subscriptions for the owner/client from Step 1, in WHMCS (mark these as active)prod
After doing these steps, I know that the product is successfully linked to the subscription, as I can change the plan that the product is set to, and click "Change Package" in WHMCS and it changes the subscription plan in Plesk, as expected.

However, for some (not all) clients where I have followed this procedure, in the client area, I get no "Open Control Panel" button, but instead a message "Error code: 1013. Error message: Customer with email '[email protected]' is not found in panel. Please contact your service provider."

when I examine the Module Log in WHMCS, I see the following:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.6.3.5"><!-- Copyright 1999-2016. Parallels IP Holdings GmbH. -->
<customer>
    <get>
        <filter>
            <login>subscrition_userid</login>
        </filter>
        <dataset>
            <gen_info/>
        </dataset>
    </get>
</customer>
</packet>

and the response:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.6.3.5">
<customer>
   <get>
      <result>
            <status>error</status>
            <errcode>1013</errcode>
            <errtext>client does not exist</errtext>
            <filter-id>subscription_userid</filter-id>
       </result>
   </get>
</customer>
</packet>

Now, I know that "subscription_userid" exists as a user on the customer record, and I can log into plesk directly as that user, and get access to the subscription(s) that I should have access to.

I know that the customer owner email (the one from step 1 above) is also listed on the customer account (both as the login info for the customer, as well as the contact email) and they appear in the user tab for the account.

I know that @UFHH01 has said that the plesk plugin is written by WHMCS, not Plesk - but i find this a bit confusing, given that the Plesk Help Center site has a number of articles where Plesk acknowledges a bug in the code, and they have provided a fix. And more confusing is this :

GitHub - plesk/whmcs-plugin

This contains the same files that WHMCS distribute as the Plesk module (albeit not encrypted the same as the ones shipped by WHMCS).

So this is looking very much like an issue with Plesk.

I do know that for one customer that I had this issue with, I went into the "Web Hosting Acces" for the subscriptions and saved the details, and that corrected it (for one customer) but all others are still stuck in Limbo.

I have checked the database, for the differences between the customers that are working, and not working, and cannot see any difference, aside from the obvious things such as email addresses, names, UUIDs etc... so really stuck for ideas now... open to suggestions...

Last edited:
I experienced an issue similar to this yesterday and was able to solve it. :D

I found this link from WHMCS on how to perform a manual import of an already existing customer. The customers account in Plesk had the same login name as it did in WHMCS and I had set the same password for both and it still it did not work. I continued to get Error 1013 Customer with external id 'xxx-xxx-xxx' is not found in panel.

I found this Plesk Knowledgebase article which links to several other articles. While that particular article says it is for Plesk 11 & 12.5 it was still useful. I created a backup of the Plesk database before proceeding using the link in the article however I did not update the external id of the customer as outlined.
Instead
  1. I logged in to phpMyAdmin via the Plesk Panel as outlined here.
  2. Clicked on PSA
  3. Then performed the query to show all customers without an external id as outlined in the first article
    • select id,cname,pname,login from clients where parent_id = 1 and (external_id = NULL or external_id = '0' or external_id = '') and clients.type <> 'reseller';
  4. From the list of customer accounts without an external id,
    1. I clicked edit on the one I was working with
    2. scrolled down until I found the external id field and entered the id provided by WHMCS in the error message.
    3. and saved.
  5. I then returned to WHMCS and attempted to "update the password" and it worked.
I realize the issue I was dealing with is not exactly the same as the OP and that this post is quite old but seeing how there were no solutions posted and others were experiencing the same problem I wanted to share my solution in the hopes that it helps others.

regards

I have a script in the Resources section for this.
Furthermore, ENSURE that if the product that the customer has is a RESELLER product, that in PLESK too, the same customer is a RESELLER.
Otherwise you get the dreaded 'email not found' error EVEN if the external_ids match.

Hi Guys for me, nothing of the above work as my main error was "error code: 1013. error message: customer with email is not found in panel. please contact your service provider"

The solution for me was quite easier.
Change username and password on hosted server of the user that face the issue via plesk server and then copy paste the new username and password to WHMCS.

Work like charm !

Back