• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error in open_basedir Plesk 10.4.4

JuliuszR

New Pleskian
Hello,
We have configuration - dedicated server with CentOS 6.2 and Plesk 10.4.4. and php 5.3.3
When i put in config from server on service plan add-on plan level, subscription level and domain level open_basedir to "none" and run php as mod_apache
i get a blank white screen, nothing works. In error log i have error in open_basedir settings
It is no possible to show phpinfo.php - just a blank page.

I need to set open_basedir = no value in Local and Master Value

How do that?
All Hosting performance management and Common PHP settings are on
like in docu - http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=69696.htm

Pls, Help im working on this settings 2 weeks now. And NO HELP, i was writing to support from Plask - NO HELP

Mabe can somebody help how to configure this, when Plesk people cant do it.?
Rgds
Juliusz

p.s.
maybe somebody knows - how to disable controll of php setting by Plesk?
I have my own server and dont need that Plesk controll php.ini I need that my sites works!

Last edited:
Hi,

There must be software problem with empty open_basedir value. I will file it for fixing.
Meanwhile try putting these settings into open_basedir "{WEBSPACEROOT}:/tmp"
While that keeps open_basedir still in effect, it should let your site including files located out of its docroot.

Regards

PS

And BTW - could you drop me a private message with ID of your ticket to support service?

Are you kidding?

Hi,
You must be joking, we pay 140 euro every month, we pay you for the licenses and you can not use our server?
Scripts do not go and now we have lost control of our server?
Are you kidding?

Please tell me how to turn off the php setting above your PLESK buggy software.
I again want to have control over my server.

rgds

Juliusz

Hi,
No answer is also the answer,
from 05.05. I struggle with the server that is not working as it should, nothing hearing from you. No help -

OK, I will pay the $ 75 to get support, and that you were kind enough to delete their own mistakes. How long will take to correct a mistake ?, because my second client go crazy now.

One thing is for sure - never any Plesk server admin more.

Could anybody say, how long will take that, that open_basedir - works?
Thank u

Rgds

Juliusz

We suggested you a solution based on "{WEBSPACEROOT}:/tmp". It should completely address your open_basedir problem, but you don't seem trying it.

We suggested you a solution based on "{WEBSPACEROOT}:/tmp". It should completely address your open_basedir problem, but you don't seem trying it.

Do you really dont want to understand I tried a solution "{WEBSPACEROOT} :/ tmp" but the script dont work.
The script need Local and Master value to "none" or empty or no value.

If you do not believe please contact unigrogy.com and ask about pinnect software.
Do not work with other settings, Basta!

What is the problem, are you lazy to look for errors?
So tell me, how to disable Plesk control from php.ini - no more!

Rgds

Juliusz

open_basedir error!

it's a month, as the site is not working and no help from the Plesk

So, again - HOW TO SET OPEN_BASEDIR IN PHP.INI TO - NO VALUE

or
HOW TO DISABLE CONTROL OF PHP.INI BY PLESK?

that php.ini can work with default php.ini in etc

ANY HELP?

Juliusz

I know this NOT your problem or MAYBE
htis is your software, and i pay every month licence

HOW TO DISABLE PLESK CONTROL OF PHP.INI

really disappointed

NOBODY HELP - WHERE ARE SERVICE !!!!!
- my server dont work - NO MORE PLESK - My next server will be with Cpanel - i promise and start negative writing about Plesk in blogs. Maybe this will move Plesk to do something

NOBODY HELP - WHERE ARE THE SERVICE !!!!!
- my server dont work - NO MORE PLESK

on monday we start a little campain, about your service - and your buggy software. People must knows - how works Pelsk service to customrs they pay every month licence fee

Hi JuliuszR,

Forum isn't really the place where the one is getting support service - you need to file support ticket for that.
In the first message I've asked you for your support ticket ID which could help resolving your issue faster. Giving this info would have been far more useful for your case than last 5 "Help!!" messages posted.

As you are running PHP as Apache module, you don't need to disable Plesk control on php.ini. Domain php.ini is neither written by Plesk, nor interpreted by PHP when site runs in mod_php. All PHP directives are taken from Apache config instead.

If you keep looking for disabling Plesk control on PHP, you probably can disable PHP checkbox in your hosting settings and then configure it your way in conf/vhost.conf and conf/vhost_ssl.conf.

Hello,
We have configuration - dedicated server with CentOS 6.2 and Plesk 10.4.4. and php 5.3.3
When i put in config from server on service plan add-on plan level, subscription level and domain level open_basedir to "none" and run php as mod_apache
i get a blank white screen, nothing works. In error log i have error in open_basedir settings
It is no possible to show phpinfo.php - just a blank page.

I need to set open_basedir = no value in Local and Master Value

I have exact the same issue and requirements:-(

Such issues normally come from unconfigured hostname ("localhost.localdomain")
Check out http://kb.parallels.com/en/9412 for more details, but generally the solution you applied shall be fine.

There must be autoinstaller3.log in /tmp at your server. Is it possible you submit this file to us with a reference to this thread via this bugreport form? We would like to investigate deeper on why this happened.

Hello,

Could you please send credentials to ouyr server for SSH/Web access via rivate message?
Developers will take a look on your issue.

Just an FYI in case any of the people experiencing the issue, or who find this thread via searches, are using the Plesk Billing system; it may be responsible for wiping out your php settings and breaking your customers' sites. Plesk Billing has NO support for setting the php parameters at the customer level, AND it takes it upon itself to WIPE OUT the parameters you configure custom on the web servers using Plesk if you change and/or sync your customers' plans. So if you try to customize the php settings for a customer, they can never change their hosting plan, and you can never synchronize the hosting plan with Plesk Billing, because you'll lose those settings.

Want to know what the Parallels Support solution is? Create an individual hosting plan for every single customer that needs custom php parameters; kind of defeating the purpose of having automation.

We gave up on changing the parameters via the Plesk interface, and have had to tell our customers it's not safe to do that so don't do it. We then edit the /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/etc/php.ini file manually, and then "chattr +i php.ini" to make the file unwritable so Plesk can't screw it up later. You just have to "chattr -i php.ini" before each time you need to edit it.

Dear Hostasaurus.Com

You feedback is very important for us. What version of Plesk Billing do you use?
Could you please describe the scenario in a bit more structured way - what are plan settings (My specific interests is permission "Common PHP settings management"), how and where do you customize PHP settings for every subscription, what is a status of synchronization of subscription with plan in Plesk, what do you do next, do you change plan properties or switch subscription from one plan to another?
Below I described a number of possible scenarios and there is only one of them whene PHP settings could be overridden by mistake. When you give me your scenario, I'll investigate it and maybe this will be the second one to report to dev team.

Customer & Business Manager (successor of Plesk Billing) supports PHP settings in hosting plans starting from version 10.4.
Both Plesk and CBM use the following logic when you change plan properties:
1. If permission "Common PHP settings management" is granted to customer via plan, then PHP settings will not be overridden
2. If permission "Common PHP settings management" is not grated to customer via plan and PHP settings are customized by admin, then subscription will have status "Unsycned with plan" and settings won't be overridden
3. If and only if permission "Common PHP settings management" is not grated to customer via plan and subscriptions is sycned with plan, then PHP settings will be overridden (subscription will remain synced with plan after changes applied)

Both Plesk and CBM use the following logic when you switch subscription from one plan to another:
1. If subscription is synced with plan before switching, then PHP properties will be overridden. Probably this is not correct (customer might have permission to customize them and customizations were not reflected in "Sync" status) and I'll report this to developement team
2. If subscription is not synced with plan before switching then PHP settings won't be overridden.

Best regards,
Eugene

Yes, we reported it in ticket 1378920.

The issue is that if you change a customer's php settings at all, it causes their plan to be 'locked'. Well, a locked plan prevents you from using the features of the billing system because now you can't add add-ons, change plans, etc. To do that, you have to 'unlock & sync'. Unlocking and sync'ing wipes out the customizations to the php that you made. This leaves you with two options; either don't customize php through plesk, or don't use the billing system, unless you have customers who will never ever need to change any aspect of their plan or add-ons. which is not the case with us.

We told support about this, and were told that for customers who need php settings customized, we need to create a new hosting plan for every single one of them in the billing system, enable the hidden php settings tab in CBM, make the customization in the billing system at the plan level on their behalf, assign that new plan to the customer in question, then unlock and sync. Of course if the customer makes their own change, the plan will lock again and cause the other problem of no longer being able to customize or use add-ons without wiping out the change they made. And if we have to make every single change for them in the billing system, that defeats the purpose of even giving them access to make changes, and wastes are time.

Back