• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved error in Plesk Backup Manager since upgrade to 18.0.63

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
Alma linux 8.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Yesterday i upgraded plesk to 18.0.63 and today i get this error from the backups

Unable to back up applications packages. Error: ODBC error #28000: [ma-3.1.20]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'::1' (using password: YES)

These are scheduled backups from configuration only.

I know this is the database from the aps manager (or how it is officially called, but aps are disabled via panel.in with the configuration

[aps]
enabled = false
serverAppsPromoEnabled = off
commercialAppsEnabled = false

Its even more strange that several dozen servers have the same backup and panel.ini configuration, but only 2 are having this error.

regards
Jan

Hello, Linulex. I would suggest opening a ticket to our support department so they can further investigate what could be causing the issue on these particular servers. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com.

If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

This is a client dedicated server, i have to ask if i can give plesk support access to it.

I think it has to do with a python.

"plesk repair db" has no errors but

plesk repair --installation -y
gives:

WARNING:File permissions are not found for/opt/plesk/python/3/lib64/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/command/launchermanifest.xmlWARNING:File permissions are not found for/opt/plesk/python/3/lib64/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/script(dev).tmpl

failedReconfiguring the Plesk installation Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable. Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previouslyfailed upgrade actions...**** Product repair started.Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable. Trying to start service mariadb... activedone Trying to establish test connection... connecteddone Trying to find Plesk database psa... version is 018000000 Trying to backup MySQL database... done MySQL databases are dumped to/var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.18.0.63-18.0.63.20240808-155813.dump.gz Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previouslyfailed upgrade actions... Trying to add supplementary group 'lock-manager' for user'psaadm'... already there===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade andrepair has been started.Upgrade or repair for 'apsc' (stage 'prep') is not required Trying to backup MySQL database... done MySQL databases are dumped to/var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.apsc.18.0.63-18.0.63.20240808-155814.dump.gz===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller databasehas been completed.Connection to APSC DB is not possible: ODBC error #28000:[ma-3.1.20]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'::1' (using password:YES) Trying to reset database user password for 'apsc@localhost'...doneAPSC database has been registered successfullyConnection to APSC DB is not possible: ODBC error #28000:[ma-3.1.20]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'::1' (using password:YES)Warning: fix credentials for APS controller database===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertablestage) has been started.===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database(revertable stage) has been completed.===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.Applying migrations from:/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp18.0.63-bootstrapper/migrations/===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has beenstarted.===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) hasbeen completed. Reconfiguring mail subsystem... Reconfiguring Apache web server... Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...===> Configuring ProFTPD server Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics... Reconfiguring WatchDog... Restoring SELinux contexts... Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols... Regenerating web servers' configuration files... Cleaning active Panel sessions... Fixing permissions on Panel packages filesWARNING:File permissions are not found for/opt/plesk/python/3/lib64/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/command/launchermanifest.xmlWARNING:File permissions are not found for/opt/plesk/python/3/lib64/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/script(dev).tmplChanging permissions on /var/run/dovecot/login to 0o755Bootstrapper repair finished.Errors occurred while performing the following actions: fixapsc.Check '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.63_repair.log' and'/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.63_repair_problems.log' fordetails.If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please addressPlesk support.***** problem report *****Warning: fix credentials for APS controller database

The same error on multiple servers :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2024-08-18-031210.820/migration.result" local-dump-created="true" export-dump-created="true" local-dump-name="backup_info_2408150331_2408180312.xml" export-dump-name="backup_2408150331_2408180312.tar" custom-log-file="/var/log/plesk/PMM/backup-2024-08-18-03-12-10-818/backup.log" status="warnings">
  <object type="Server" name="panel36.com">
    <message severity="warning">
      <description>Unable to back up applications packages. Error: ODBC error #28000: [ma-3.1.20]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'::1' (using password: YES)</description>
    </message>
  </object>
</execution-result>

Then i can only suggest you contact Plesk support yourself. This solved it for me.

Regards
Jan

Hi same problem here in several servers.

Look like the solution is to comment skip-name-resolve in the /etc/my.cnf file, but this proposed fix kills the server's performance

Is there any other fix for this problem that does not affect server's performance?

Back