• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error on edit page step of wizard

P

pschmidt

Whenever I click the edit button in the wizard I get a blue background with this error message "An error has occured."

Does anybody know what causes this problem ??

I have pasted the tekst from the log entry that is created by this error.

Creation date Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:17:34 PM
Level Error
Source System
Class name SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.EditPageFrame
User name
Representative
IP address 80.164.132.186
Requested URL /Wizard/EditPage/EditPageFrame.aspx?pageId=default
Referrer URL
User agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Message SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.Storage.ProviderException: RemoteConnectionError ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.WebControls.EditPageControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.WebControls.EditPageControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Hello,
This error means that your site is unavailable. Sorry for inconvenient error screen, it should be corrected in 4.0.

Fix for good error screen for SiteBuilder 3.2 won't be published, sorry. And I cannot make any statement about SiteBuilder 4.0 release date. I can olny say that it should be pretty soon.

So our site builder will stay useless until you release 4.0 ???

Of course not. If you carefully read error details, you'll see following string: "System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server."
It means that you have problems either with publication place, or with preview sites host (if site hasn't been published yet).
So you need to check if publication place meets all requirements:
http://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBui...builder-3.2-win-admins-guide/publish_site.htm
If you sure you did all correctly and it doesn't work still - call SiteBuilder support team, they'll help to solve your problems.

Thank you Alex

I will check this

Please continue doing your good job here

Thank you for the replies

I was able to solve the problem by making the modifications
described in the release note for hotfix 2 (for SB 3.2.1) - section 4 known issues.

So check out the release note for hotfix 2, if you get this problem - it worked for me.

So far so good - but now I'm facing another problem when I try to publish my sites - see my new thread, if you think you can help me here aswell.

Back