• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: "Parallels.Diagnostics.RRD.RrdException: Failed to update RRD database"

shall

Regular Pleskian
In the last week I've experienced three of these errors preceding approximately 20 minutes of inaccessibility (the entire server becomes unresponsive) each time. To be more specific there are about 8 of these errors during each "event", applying to multiple hardware objects/logs. The specific harware/log associated is all but random, any of 4 cpu's, diskC, system and so on. Each indicates the same cause for the error:

"illegal attempt to update using time 1335111301 when last update time is 1335111319 (minimum one second step)"

The timestamps change, of course, but the rest is similar across all errors.

It looks like the RRD log is being queued for update too quickly, so instead of allowing the update or even ignoring the update, it's triggering a wait state which causes the entire system to become unresponsive. During these outages even a ping takes well over a second to respond, if it responds at all, when normally a response is under 40ms.

Note that before I updated this system to use 10.4 just last month, we *never* experienced any outages of this nature, and the only software changes are the installation of PleskWin 10.4 and upgrading MailEnable to ME Ent 6.51

BEFORE I uninstall the Plesk Health Monitoring Agent, is there anything else I can do to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future? I would like to have the monitor available, but having it kill my server every 30 hours or so is simply unacceptable.

When my server monitoring reporting PING failed an hour ago, I assumed it was related to this issue.

I checked the logs and found this error message in the application log about 80 seconds before PING failed. Coincidence? I think not.

Here's hoping it's even possible to remove the Plesk Health Monitoring Agent.

Back