1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

ERROR: PleskMainDBException - Urgent Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mikestein, Jul 2, 2006.

1. mikestein

mikestein Guest

After upgrading to 8.0.1 today, users cannot send mail, and this error appears when I try to create a new mail account. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'host' in 'field list'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:234
    db_query(string 'INSERT INTO exp_event (source, event_type, event_time, obj_class, obj_id, host, user, flushed) VALUES ("plesk", "created", NOW(), "mailname", "mikes2@mca2.com", "68.80.76.95", "admin", "false")')
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-rpc/loger.php:295
    Log2Expand->Log2Expand(object of type ActionLog)
    2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.ActionLog.php:510
    ActionLog->submit()
    3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mail/MailName.php:1046
    Mailname->update()
    4: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/mail/mail_name_preferences.php:87

2. Lonesome Walker

Lonesome Walker Guest

Got exactly the same problem!!!

Any fix yet available???

3. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

My guess is you filled your harddrive and MySQL doesn't like that. Free up some space and keep an eye on it. You can restore the psa db from dumps in /var/lib/psa/dumps/.

4. Lonesome Walker

Lonesome Walker Guest

I can definitely say no:

My serv is new, space too much available (~30 GB)

Any other clues?

Lonesome Walker

5. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Seems your upgrade didn't go too well. Your psa db seems to be hosed.

6. mikestein

mikestein Guest

As a follow-up to my original post, we had numerous problems after the upgrade, such as corrupt PSA database tables, E-mail aliases not working, horde address books missing and Plesk Updater not working properly.

So we hired the Plesk engineers to re-do the migration and for $150 (and 5 days) they got everything working properly, except for the updater which they said would be fixed in an upcoming patch.

So, I guess it's good to know that we have this option to fall back on when needed. Overall it was a fairly positive experience. The Russian engineers were responsive and stuck with it till it was fixed.