• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: PleskMainDBException

E

EDVGradl

ERROR: PleskMainDBException (MSSQL Express reinstalled)

Hi!
We had reinstalled our MSSQL because it was slightly misconfigured... Now i cant log in to the Control Panel because of that error :-(
I need to know were to set the new connectionstring for the DB, can anyone tell me this?

thanks,
Jens, EDV Gradl

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
I had to reinstall the MSSQL Express, because the DB was slightly misconfigured. Now i can't log in to the Plesk Control Panel, because he did not find the SQL Server...
Where can i set to new connectionstring for the DB in order to get the Plesk Panel work again? Or, what do i have to do?
I am using Plesk Panel 8.6 for Windows (Windows Server 2008 Web edition).

Thanks,
Jens, EDV Gradl, Germany

Same situation...

If you were so kind and you find an answer, please, resent to me!! :)

I'm in a very deep mess, because reinstalling sql server 2005 has made a plesk error... :(

Thank you in advance!!

Jordi Mayor Gisbert.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE on Windows NT, 2000 and 2003 Platforms)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA on Windows 2000 and 2003)
Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)

Dpto. de Técnico e Informática de Radio Alcoy, S.L.
http://www.radioalcoy.com
[email protected]

Please help us, we don't know how to get the Plesk Panel working again! We need a solution!

Thanks,
Jens

PleskMainDBException

My question was very easy to solve...

I'd reinstalled the SQL Server by de-install and reinstall, and then my db was disjoined from the engine. When plesk try to log, there is no database on the sql server. What to do?. Easy!! In my case, I found the MDF and LDF files used by plesk, make an attach (sp_attach_db or simply with the SQL Management studio use left button for attach the database files called psa_xxxxx and sitebuilderxxxx.

Then, When I try to log into the control panel, my systems tells 'there's no user admin', and was true!!. I've must to recreate the user admin into the sql server and then give to this user permissions for using the two databases, then no error was produced.

I'm only have a little question: the control panel web page appears no to be applying the css and not loading the images.... :(. I don't know why, but it functions correcly. My site is online again, my mail is correctly receiving and all systems go again.

If anybody have any question, and I'm able to ask based on my experience on that 'evil problem', please, let me a post here, and I'll try to ask you asap...

Bye!!

Jordi Mayor Gisbert.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE on Windows NT, 2000 and 2003 Platforms)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA on Windows 2000 and 2003)
Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)

Dpto. de Técnico e Informática de Radio Alcoy, S.L.
http://www.radioalcoy.com
[email protected]

You can have a try with switching the plesk theme, may be only certain theme are affected someway.

Back