• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: PleskUtilException

D

Duckington

Hi,

I'm getting this error on quite a lot of pages in the control panel now:

ERROR: PleskUtilException
Unable to execute serverconf: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool))>'
what(): Execution of hostname -f failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
hostname: Unknown host

0: Configuration.php:23
Service_Node_Configuration->_syncProperties()
1: :
call_user_func_array(array, array)
2: Properties.php:142
Service_Node_Properties->sync()
3: Properties.php:31
Service_Node_Properties->__construct(object of type Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode)
4: ServiceNode.php:187
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode->configuration()
5: Webspace.php:190
Webspace->getSystemPath()
6: Webspace.php:208
Webspace->isPathInsideSystemArea(string '/var/www/vhosts/localhost.localdomain')
7: Webspace.php:323
Webspace->isExternalWebspaceRoot()
8: class.FtpUsersList.php:70
FtpUsersList->fetchFtpUsersList()
9: cList.php:85
cList->fetchList()
10: cList.php:104
cList->init()
11: client.domain.hosting.ftp-users.php:44
plesk__client__domain__hosting__ftp_users->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
12: UIPointer.php:595
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
13: plesk.php:45

For example I get it on the "Websites & Domains" -> "Logs" page (If i select a domain).
I get it on "Websites & Domains" -> "FTP Access" (Also my actual FTP access has stopped working so I can't login via it)
etc..

Any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it? Baring in mind my level of understanding of linux is not great..

Execution of hostname -f failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
hostname: Unknown host

Do you really have server hostname in FQDN format? Did you check it?

Do you really have server hostname in FQDN format? Did you check it?

Like I said, my knowledge of Linux is not great..I don't even know what that means.. And I can't check it, because the drweb anti-virus which apparently comes with Plesk has crashed my server yet again due to a failed update, meaning I cannot even get into the control panel....

Could you please advise me how I can disable this drweb thing? Because it keeps running automatic updates and failing and then my entire server crashes and I haev to contact my host to fix it so I can even get access to the control panel via IP... It's getting ridiculous..

I suggest you contact Support Team if your knowledge of Linux is not great and you can't fix it by yourself.

I thought this was a support forum?...

It's possible I can fix it if I know what the actual problem is...which is why I am asking... What the likely causes of this error are going to be?

Sorry, but it is a forum, a place for discussions and it is not a support helpdesk because we can't login on your server and investigate problem there. Only Support Team can do it. If you need urgent support - contact Paralles Support Team here - http://www.parallels.com/support And if they really find a bug, they send bugreport to developers.
On forum you can just receive or not receive suggestions but not support.

Back