• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved error 'problems with system updates'

StefanS59

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update #3
Hi there,

I'm not a Linux expert and have been happily using Plesk von my Strato Vserver for quite a while.
For some time now, I receive the below error messages:

2023-07-03 05:42:24 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
2023-07-03 05:42:26 ERROR:
2023-07-03 05:42:26 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1

Since a few days, now I get these messages (daily per mail)

Hallo Administrator, es sind Probleme mit dem Tool für Systemupdates auf Ihrem Server srv.stefan-schoch.de aufgetreten. Beheben Sie die Probleme manuell.

Grund: 2023-08-15 05:42:27 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
2023-08-15 05:42:29 ERROR: W:An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: Index of /NODE_0.0.2 all InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY BD11A6AA914BDF7E, E:The repository 'Index of /PHP80_17 bionic Release' no longer has a Release file., W:Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., W:An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: Index of /RUBY_0.0.2 bionic InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY BD11A6AA914BDF7E, E:The repository 'MariaDB Products & Tools Downloads | MariaDB /repo/maxscale/latest/apt bionic Release' no longer has a Release file.
2023-08-15 05:42:29 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

What can I do?

To me this reads as if something on the source-side of the repository is wrong?

Thanks for helping,
Stefan

I just found out that Ubuntu 18.04 no longer being supported by Plesk seems to be the reason.

As I'm not alone with this issue, I'd very much appreciate if Plesk would add some mor time to the support of Ubuntu 18.04 to give us some more time to update our systems.

Thank you for your idea. However, as the lifespan of operating systems is known many years in advance, there is always plenty of time to prepare an upgrade or migration. At the moment there are no plans to extend the support of eol operating systems.

Back