• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Error requirement prestashop!

sebgonzes

Silver Pleskian
TITLE:
Error requirement prestashop!
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Centos7, plesk 17.5.3
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Hello

There is an several bug in the requirement of prestashop 1.7 in plesk 17.5.3 :

The following problems with requirements were found: The PHP memory limit is 128M bytes. The app requires at least 256M bytes.; The PHP maximum execution time is 30. The app requires at least 120 seconds.

The oficial requirement are 128M and no min execution time :

What you need to get started - PrestaShop 1.7 - PrestaShop documentation

• System: Unix, Linux or Windows. Unix is highly recommended.
  • Web server: Apache Web server 2.0 or later.
  • PHP 5.4 or later. You may have to activate PHP 5 (ask your hosting provider).
  • MySQL 5.0 or later.
  • At least 128 Mb of RAM on your server.

Please solve it ASAP!
Thanks
Regards​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Installing prestashop from plesk app​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Failed with the error

The following problems with requirements were found: The PHP memory limit is 128M bytes. The app requires at least 256M bytes.; The PHP maximum execution time is 30. The app requires at least 120 seconds.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Correct install​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

Plesk uses the values of PHP memory_limit and max_execution_time that you have defined in your Service Plan.

So the solution in your case is:
- create a Service Plan with the desired values for memory_limit and max_execution_time
- create a subscription with that Service Plan
- install Prestashop in that subscription

Plesk uses the values of PHP memory_limit and max_execution_time that you have defined in your Service Plan.

So the solution in your case is:
- create a Service Plan with the desired values for memory_limit and max_execution_time
- create a subscription with that Service Plan
- install Prestashop in that subscription

Please, review the problem....
The problem is in the false app requirement for prestashop in plesk, not on the memory_limit or max_execution_time of suscription.
I don't want increase suscripcion php limit for an plesk app error requirement, I just want that plesk review and solve with the correct requirement for the prestashop app.

True, I apparently skipped that part of your problem description. Sorry about that.

PPS-4252 still under developer's investigation. I will update this thread with results as soon as I receive any information from developers.

PPS-4252 still under developer's investigation. I will update this thread with results as soon as I receive any information from developers.
Thanks, hope that you can solve this early, it's an real problem for our customer actually.

PrestaShop/PrestaShop - here you can see that PrestaShop uses 256MB as memory_limit value
PrestaShop/PrestaShop - here Prestashop sets execution time and time_limit to infinite

It's not true Igor, it's just an try of prestashop but if it's limit by php.ini, these line don't do nothing, please review the Oficial requirement!
We install manually prestashop with 128M and 30s timeout without any problem as put in oficial documentation, just the install plesk aps fail, no manually install.
You can check it yourself in any hosting with 128M and 30s timeout.

Well. We use CLI installation for APS packages like PrestaShop, for example. In this case, according to PrestaShop/PrestaShop PrestaShop uses 256MB as memory_limit value. As result, our APS package has this requirement.
As a possible solution, you can adjust your changes to package settings and repack it with the help of documentation from — Software Development Kit

Well. We use CLI installation for APS packages like PrestaShop, for example. In this case, according to PrestaShop/PrestaShop PrestaShop uses 256MB as memory_limit value. As result, our APS package has this requirement.
As a possible solution, you can adjust your changes to package settings and repack it with the help of documentation from — Software Development Kit

@IgorG , this is not an solution!

We manage more than 10000 hostings and we CAN'T go in each case increase or reduce limit for an plesk specification error.
Plesk team have decide to increase price 10 month ago... and now I am seeing that they are unable to assume and solve there own bugs??? (Yes, it's an bug, as the oficial requirement of 128M of ram work perfectly!)
I reminber that it was your better way to justify the new price...Maintain the service, and now, for each bugs there is NO solution... very very good support for plesk team! :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry, but we do not consider this a bug and I explained in detail why. Hope for understanding.

Sorry, but we do not consider this a bug and I explained in detail why. Hope for understanding.

Sorry but you can consider what you want, but IT'S AN BUG as plesk don't respect the real requirement of apps and refuse to solve this... It's really an shame that with the licence price, plesk don't search an solution to the problem.

Igor just explained to you that they use the CLI installation and it’s PrestaShop that has the memory limit set to 256mb. Why don’t you contact PrestaShop and ask them to change it if it works that great with 128mb?

Igor just explained to you that they use the CLI installation and it’s PrestaShop that has the memory limit set to 256mb. Why don’t you contact PrestaShop and ask them to change it if it works that great with 128mb?

Well, it's not only an memory history, also an timeout history where pretashop have never define 120s in his code (where plesk have find and define that time had to be 120s???) !
As say, the "define" line is just an try to increase memory and absolutely not an lock limit (review code and you will see that there is not an "if (!defined.. die" as it was the case with php version, are you absolutely sure that the cli installation don't work with 128M)?

Back