1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

ERROR: The up2date utility failed to install the required packages

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by gscharf, May 23, 2008.

1. gscharf

gscharf Guest

Hello,

I am upgrading my plesk cp 3 to version 4 on my centos 4 linux server. However, every intent I have made returns the following message at the end of the email. Have not found any information in the forum or the install guide.
    Any ideas ?

Thankks

2. shall

shall Regular Pleskian

57%
    It's happening here, too. This is what up2date says:

3. gscharf

gscharf Guest

Don't we get any help from parallels' engineers ?

4. shall

shall Regular Pleskian

57%
    No.

What I did to fix this was download the full install package and manually install the RPM that was failing. This enabled the rest of the upgrade to go smoothly, and I am currently without any issues on this box.

5. JLChafardet

JLChafardet Regular Pleskian

57%
    yeah, thats what solves this issue, i had it a bit ago, and did the same and worked.

6. pj_servadmin

pj_servadmin Guest

To just install the 1 failing hotfix from the autoinstall site with out checking for dependencies:

After that, I was able to successfully run the updater from within the web interface.