• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: Unable to create or update the subscription: The PHP handler "fastcgi-5.3" is not registered.

r_miller

New Pleskian
I've searched through the forums and elsewhere for a solution to this issue, but can't find one.

When logged into the admin panel, I can manage all other domain except for one. When I try to manage this particular domain (which is our own domain rather than a client domain), it takes a while before returning page not found. In the logs, it's getting a high volume of the following error message:

Error: Unable to create or update the subscription: The PHP handler "fastcgi-5.3" is not registered. It was probably deleted from the server. Register a handler with the same properties and try again.

I've tried attacking the issue through IIS. PHP appears to be configured correctly in IIS. I've looked at permissions. The website itself runs fine, I just can't manage the domain.

Another issue, which may be related, is when trying to access the PHP Manager in IIS for the PleskControlManager site, it gets an error stating that it can't find the php.ini file. I don't know if this is normal, or related.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

Well, I spent two days looking into this, and then about an hour after posting this I worked it out. I hadn't changed anything, but it seems that the auto update to 11.5 might have broken something because all of this worked fine prior to the update, using php 5.3.

Even though php 5.3 was listed add/remove components as being installed, and other domains that were using it weren't experiencing any issues, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling phph5.3. I should have tried this earlier, but couldn't understand why it would only impact one domain.

Back