• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error using domain.sh

L

Lonewolf

I am having a problem with the domain.sh script file when trying to add a Domain to an existing client account that already has a domain.

The following is the API call being used:

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u "luckydomainbaddomain.com" -clogin "luckyloser" -login "luckyloser" -passwd "password" -dns "true" -dom_user "false" -www "true" -hosting "true" -fp "true" -fpauth "true" -fplogin "luckyloser" -fp_ssl "true" -fppasswd "password" -ssi "true" -php "true" -cgi "true" -perl "true" -asp "false" -mail_service "true" -ssl "true" -hard_quota "500" -python "true" -ip "10.0.0.12" -err_docs "true" -webstat "false" -hst_type "phys" -log_rotate "true" -log_bysize "1024" -log_bytime "weekly" -log_max_num "5" -log_compress "true"

The following error message is received:

An error occured during domain update: error in hosting updating: Unable to update hosting preferences: User luckyloser already exists.

Can anyone give me some insight into this problem? is one of my settings incorrect or what? This api call used to work prior to upgrading to Plesk 7.5.2

Thanks,

Lonewolf

In playing around with the variable settings, it appears that the problem is stemming from the -login "luckyuser" portion of the api call.

The -login option for FTP is required when the host_type = "phys" but it will not allow a duplicate ftp login name for a different domain?????????? What gives?

Is there a place where I can find a setting to fix this? All my domains for a given client need to be able to have the same FTP login name.

No, unfortunately Plesk requires separate FTP accounts for separate hostings. Only subdomain user may be the same :(

Back