• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error when send mail with asp.net and authentication for send mail

P

pepsyxanh

I use dotnetbb on my server and when i send email i got error "The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server. "
What will i have to do with my server please help me
Thanks

in mail server, make sure authenticated users are allowed to relay

make sure your client uses authentication and right password.

something that can be fun to do is telnetting port 25 and authenticating manually :p that is how I made sure the auth works

could you expalin more clearly i have same problem too my doamins in the server could not sende emails to out of server. Outlook settings are correct but always get answer This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings.

why?

how can i configure relay list

launch mailenable admin and find the smpt and look at its properties, in the relay tab, allow authenticated servers to relay

ahhh sender address must be from a local post office box

1. to localhost to dispatch an existing mailadresse must be present. allow authenticated servers to relay is not sufficient. except you can indicate username and password.
2. the receipt smtp server does not find the mail adress on your mailserver (can be a spam)

Back