• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error while Installing Plesk

bharatsharma

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS
Plesk version and microupdate number
trail
I'd like to transfer my website, [redacted] to Plesk. I just signed up for the trial version and received the email. I clicked on the link and tried to install Plesk for my website. It prompted me for the host, so I added my website and new SSH login details.

However, I encountered an error after 5 minutes:
Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 1.47.11 AM.jpg

Here is what error I getting after 5 min
Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 1.58.41 AM.jpg

Cannot Connect to ssh host 23news.co dial tcp 104.21.89.74:22

How to fix this

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need to open the firewall for port 22 on your host. It is either blocked on the host or in a firewall of your data center that sits in front of the host. You can test it by using a client like PuTTY to connect through SSH.

Hm... As I see on the screenshot, ...
  • the port is 65002, this is not default port for SSH,
  • also, the IP address starts with 193.x.y.z; but when you used 23news.co, it resolved into ip-address which starts with 104.a.b.c,
...each of this things I think could cause a error during connection to your server, I would say installation of Plesk even not started because the service was not able to connect to your server.

So, let's say it a server where Plesk should be installed has IP-address starts with 193.x.y.z and port 65002, then you need to use the hostname "193.x.y.z:65002" (real IP-address, without x.y.z :)) in the installation form on the page Plesk Web Installer.

I have just check my panel only have this information, which i shared to you.. is their any other alternative for my website

You can also use the Site Import extension to import the website:

But did you read the answer from @AYamshanov? You should use the port number and the IP address from the last screenshot that you posted in the Plesk Migrator.

Thank you for your assistance. I'm currently in the process of using a plugin to import my website, [redacted]. I'll provide an update once the process is complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back