• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

error while setup physical hosting

S

shark95763

When I create a new domain, I always get this error , no matter what password's or username's I try to create :

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: Unable to add the user (panzernl), invalid parameter is (-1): (2245) The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: D:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\hosting\phosting_setup.php:279 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: Unable to add the user (panzernl), invalid parameter is (-1): (2245) The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.")

how to fix?

You've got custom password policy configured.

To disable password checking you need to go

Start > Administrative Tolls > Local Security Policy > Expand Account Polices > Expand Password Policy > Double click on `Password must meet complexity requirements` > Disable.

Then the problem will gone.

The fact we're told to turn off password complexity so that Plesk is able to work if people add users with insufficiently complex passwords is pathetic.
Plesk should be fixed to respond correctly to user creation errors.
Also if a user creation fails, it should rollback the addition of the domain entry into the DNS configuration, which you otherwise have to manually remove before re-attempting to create the user with a correct password complexity.
Plesk should be accomodating ALL industry standard security mechanisms.

Back