• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error with Upgrade

M

MarcJ

I just upgraded (or better a failed Upgrade)
to 10.1.0
Now i get the following Error when i try to access to the Upgrade Panel:
Can't connect to backend: No such file or directory

Here some info:

Version: Parallels Plesk Panel v10.0.1_build109101029.19 os_SuSE 11.1
The Upgrade Log is in the attachment (zip format)

Thanks for the help :)

MfG
Marc

Attachments

• autoinstaller3.zip
    156.3 KB · Views: 4
What sort of error you have when you try perform upgrade with /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller CLI utility?

I have the same issue, and when I try via SSH it simply gets stuck on "Retrieving information about the installed packages..." (this is upgrading from 10.0.1 to both 10.1.0 and 10.1.1).

Not sure if that helps at all.

I have the same problem.

Using the CLI, I got an error about PHP ioncube not being compatible (I've manually upgraded PHP to 5.2.17 and the Plesk version would require a downgrade).

I removed the PHP5 support option in the CLI wizard and let that complete, first to 10.1.0 then to 10.1.1 and both finished properly after that.

However, I'm still getting
when I login to Plesk and do Tools & Utilities -> Updates. First it asks me for my root login details, then it displays that error message.

So effectively, I can no longer do updates through the plesk web GUI! I will have to do manual CLI updates instead. Not ideal.

Any way to rebuild/repair the Plesk file structure so I don't get the No such file or directory error? Or is it not as simple as that.

Many thanks,

TN

Hi Igor,

As far as I can see, that post is saying, "ioncube is fixed, try the upgrade again".

Unfortunately, that doesn't help as I'm already at 10.1.1 and I can't get to the update page. If I use the CLI, it just shows 10.1.1 and no upgrade available.

What I need is a means to repair the installation now the upgrade is complete as attempting an update via the GUI still gives:

even at 10.1.1

Many thanks,

TN

truenorf, did you try bootstrapper repair as it is described in KB article?

I did the bootstrapper repair just now, but no change. The login screen with user root and the message above afterwards appears again.

Works for me now. In my case I had to fix some issues in innodb tables because of an mysql-update to 5.1.xx the last days. After that I did the bootstrapper repair and finally rebooted the server. voila.

Thanks

Tried the bootstrapper running:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.10.1-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Repair completed successfully according to the script output (although there were two warnings as it went through its routine: one about no pre-something package for horde and the other about invalid empty database name '' when creating phpMyAdmin).

Went to try updates from the control panel again. Same error message. :-(

Re-booted server.

Tried again. Fixed!

Not sure if the bootstrapper was required, but the reboot of the server did the trick.

(Incidentally, prior to the reboot, I had tried multiple times to restart the mysqld service as I suspected that might be the cause of the problem, but I couldn't get the service to stop. Both restart and stop commands were ignored, despite getting a green OK in ssh. Not sure if this is related.)

Back