• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved eta for plesk+debian 10

We have already corresponding internal document PPP-43129 about Debian 10 support. Developers are working on it and at the moment I have no ETA when it will be released.

It sad to say, but we will not deliver Debian 10 support in January.
But Q1 is still in the plans.

In our firm we have suspended mutiple server migrations from old to new hardware because of missing Debian 10 support from Plesk. Corresponding tasks are on hold for more than half a year. Debian 10 was released last July. Why is this taking so long? Is it because of actual problems with changes in the Debian OS or is it just because you allocated all the resources to Red Hat and CentOS?

@IgorG you're serious? This is really a big minus point for Plesk / Obsidian! I'm a very big fan of Plesk / Obsidian, i use it since version 7.x up to today, but im very very disappointed.

Maybe you should stop working on support Debian 10 and start to support Debian 11 or directly Debian 12... Debian Buster was release around a year ago and was announced long time before. I dont have any understanding why Plesk / Obsidian isn't supporting Debian 10 already.

We're waiting for debian 10 support, too. Want to do some server upgrades, but right now it is not possible because we need to switch to ubuntu or centos but we don't like to.

I am also of the opinion that Debian 10 should really work, it takes much too long, other panels are already ready...

Information about current delivery plan for new OSes support (Debian 10, Ubuntu 20, CL8) is available in Plesk FAQ:

FAQ for Plesk

This is really bad also for me. I usually skip one Debian release, because upgrading is just pain in the ***.
The support for Jessie (deb8) will be dropped by end of this month, and Plesk for Debian 10 will not come before Juli or most likely August... Sorry, but I don't understand that. They didn't invent anything new with Buster... This is really bad service. :'(

Reactions: mow
@retsifp We also still use Debian 8 and have been waiting for Plesk to finally support Debian 10 since last year. I think this time we'll wait a little longer for the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS support (announced for late Q3 2020) and migrate away from Debian. Ubuntu LTS gets security support into 2030. This should finally enable us to avoid phases of having servers running on EOL distros.

Last edited:
Debian 10 “Buster” is now supported. Plesk on Debian 10 “Buster” has the following limitations:
  • PHP versions 5.2-5.6 and 7.0 are not distributed with Plesk.
  • The time synchronization settings are not available.
  • Connection to the server might be interrupted the first time the Plesk Firewall rules are activated.

Last edited:
We have servers that have been upgraded to a recent release again and again, going from Debian Lenny to Wheezy to Jessie to Stretch. Therefore keeping systems up-to-date and secure. This is what I loved about Plesk and why we never considered any other control panel.

I just tried to upgrade a test VM and dist-upgrade would uninstall plesk-core and other packages. It might be possible to install Plesk after dist-upgrade has finished, but I haven't tested it yet. Might not be an easy way.

Plesk's decision to not support a dist-upgrade to Buster will lead to numerous systems not being able to be updated and therefore becoming insecure. And if they don't reconsider that poor decision, the same will repeat for Buster when it's going end-of-life =(

Figured out a way to dist-upgrade an existing server to Debian Buster. Not exactly user-friendly...

Back