• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

/etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd start no files or folder

jeanpaul

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
when i try to start ctmilter with this command line /etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd start

i get : /etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd: No such file or directory of this type

How i can fix ctmilter

In plesk service :
SpamAssassin is enable
Parallels Premium Antivirus is enable

Hi jeanpaul,

please try the commands:

/etc/init.d/pc-remote start
/etc/init.d/pc-remote stop

Ok, i do this but after when i try to launch /etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd start i get again the same message

Sorry to ask thiis, jeanpaul, but WHY do you want to use a command, for a start - script that doesn't exist?

You could as well ask, WHY you are not able to use the command "/etc/init.d/apache2_initd start" and the answer would be as well, that this start - script doesn't exist and so the command is not executable.

You can list all start - scripts on your system with the command: ls /etc/init.d/

Do you have directory /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter ?
If not - create with

# mkdir /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter
# chmod 755 /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter

With command: ls /etc/init.d
i get :

Code:
atd                   crond         httpd         mailman        netfs    pc-remote              psa-firewall                      rpcidmapd   snmpd         udev-post
atomic-php54-php-fpm  denyhosts     ip6tables     mdmonitor      network  php-fpm                psa-health-monitor-notificationd  rpcsvcgssd  snmptrapd     winbind
atomic-php55-php-fpm  dovecot       iptables      messagebus     nfs      plesk-billing-plugins  psa-vpn                           rsyslog     spamassassin  xinetd
atomic-php56-php-fpm  drwebd        irqbalance    monit.rpmsave  nfslock  portreserve            quota_nld                         sandbox     sshd
auditd                fail2ban      kavehost      mysqld         nginx    postfix                rdisc                             saslauthd   sw-collectd
blk-availability      functions     killall       nagios         ntpd     postgresql             restorecond                       shorewall   sw-cp-server
cgconfig              halt          lvm2-lvmetad  named          ntpdate  psa                    rpcbind                           single      sw-engine
cgred                 htcacheclean  lvm2-monitor  netconsole     ossec    psacct                 rpcgssd                           smartd      sysstat

i have /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter folder with permissions 755 and postfix root

Last edited:
Your issue might be, that pc-remote ( the milter service ) does not start. After performing the above start, please have a look at: netstat -alpn | grep 12768 and check if the milter - service started and is listening to the port 12768.

If this is the case, you might want to check your mail-log, to see why issues/problems may exist regarding the milter - service.
If this is not the case, please add as well log - entries, so that people willing to help have the possibility to investigate the issue/problem with you. In this case, please add as well your main.cf and master.cf from /etc/postfix/.

Please describe your issue/problem you might have, before people willing to help just have to guess. If a test - email doesn't get delivered to your eMail - account, please tell us and add the corresponding log - entry, so the problem might be investigated. If you add log - entries, please be sure to XXX sensible data like IPs or eMail-names and try to add the entries in a CODE - bracket
HTML:
 [CODE]TEXT[/CODE]
... , for a better view.

Back