• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question /etc/network/interfaces looks weird

Compi

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

My /etc/network/interfaces look really weird, at least not what I'm used to. Is this normal with Plesk? Everything works.
1684347045527.png
I've discovered this because I changed the IP of the server using this guide: How to change the IP address in Plesk for Linux - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base
After I was done, the networking service didn't come up:
uPZlVoiWIM (1).png

I copied the configuration seen in the first screenshot into the server after the IPs were changed because some entries were added. It now works fine, I just wanna know if this is normal.

I believe this belongs into the Obsidian section, my mistake. Hopefully someone can move it! Running debian 11 and latest Plesk Version

It's not really a Plesk thing. Ideally you want to configure your interfaces in different interface files under /etc/network/interfaces.d (if you look at the configuration file, /etc/network/interfaces, the part that says source /etc/network/interfaces.d/* basically states that it's going to include all the additional configuration files) but not a lot of people utilize it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you're fine. Your configurations of your IP addresses is located in the interfaces.d directory.

Back