• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Event not firing - "Hosting settings updated"

ReibcoU

New Pleskian
All,

I would like to run a script when the "Access to the server over SSH" dropdown value is changed. To this end, I created an event handler for the "Hosting settings updated" event, as it is the only event that I can see that is handles this data (parameters OLD_SYSTEM_SHELL and NEW_SYSTEM_SHELL).

However, my event is not firing when I change the value and save it. Through Googling, I found that this issue also occurred in Plesk Panel 10.2, but they had a patch. Unfortunately (but not unexpectedly), applying the patch broke Plesk Panel 11.x, so I reverted.

So, main questions are:
1. Has anyone gotten an event to trigger when the "Access to the server over SSH" value is changed?
2. Is this a bug or am I not using the correct event handler?
3. If this is a bug, is there a fix or workaround?

Thank you for your time.

What patch do you mean? Is it third-party patch or patch from Parallels?

The "patch" I refer to is from the knowledgebase:
http://kb.parallels.com/en/112144

The article is titled "'Hosting settings updated' is not triggered on SSH access settings update", and the resolution was to replace two files with the ones attached in the article. However, this was for Plesk Panel 10.2, and the files do not work with Plesk Panel 11.

Thank you for details. Actually this issue looks like was not fixed in Plesk 11. We have patch only for 10.2 version.
I have notified responsible developers about this problem. I hope we will implement fix to 11 version soon.
I will keep this thread updated with results.

Thank you for such a quick response and fix for this! I have replaced the files with the files provided in the updated KB article, and the trigger is now working correctly. Excellent.

Last edited:
Back