• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Expand purchase options?

N

neorder

okay, i have 5 plesk servers, i now wants to saprate their email and DNS to an additional single server (i don't have to run plesk on this server, aint i?) total will be six servers how should i purchase plesk Expand?

from your website:

Plesk Expand Unlimited Domain per Server License * Use the Quantity option in your shopping cart (prior to checkout) to define the number of servers you want to manage with your Expand license. $199.00

Plesk Centralized Mail Server Management License This is a limited license for Expand Users to use on a Remote mail server running Plesk for Mail only through Expand. $399.00

Expand entralized Mail Add-On$99.00
Expand Centralized DNS Add-On $99.00

so if i am correct, for each plesk server, i should spend 199(expand)+99(mail)+99(DNS)=397 USD, 5 servers will be about 2K.

then for the mail/DNS server, i have to spend 199(expand)+399(mail server)

actually i am quite confused. :confused:

and do i need to purchase this?

Plesk Master The Master feature can monitor a network of Plesk servers enabling Plesk Admins to log on to multiple Plesk systems, manage them remotely and monitor the detailed 10, 25, or 50 separate Plesk slave servers’ status information from a single point of entry - the Plesk master server control panel 10 Servers $199.00

thx.

You need to purchase expand for all 5 servers:

5 x $199

You need mail addon:

1 x $99

You need DNS addon:

1 x $99

You then need the 6th server which will do centralised mail to have Plesk installed:

1 x $399 (the discounted version of Plesk exclusively for centralised mail)

= $1592

You don't need Master. I'd suggest contacting sales, you might get a small discount for that quantity.

from what i read your previous post, i understand that 199x5 is to allow me add new servers for Expand. is that correct?

so i'm going to need to install these 1.6K software all at the new 6th server. after that, then i need to add 5 plesk servers into it.

anyway, thanks for the info.

DNS can be installed on the same as Expand or its own server, but not the same as centralised Mail or Plesk.

Centralised mail can be installed on the same server as Expand or its own server, but not the same as centralised DNS or Plesk.

Given your example I think you'll need a 7th server. You may be better off getting a VPS for the 7th server and run Expand and DNS from this as it will use few resources.

The licensing cost will be the same for any combination of installations as long as you have 5 Plesk servers. Yes, you need 5 x $199 licenses - 1 for each Plesk server you want to use.

Back