• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PTR Record resolved, what to do for various domains?

falconsi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (Linux container in Proxmox in a Dedicated Root Server in Hetzner - OPNSense Router)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.52_build1800230516.12 os_Ubuntu 22.04
Hello all!

I recently posted this and it's solved:

Hello all!

I purchased a Plesk license after making a few tests in trial. I configured a domain in Ionos, changed nameservers to point to Plesk and everything is working perfectly (DNS prop is 100%).
My problem is, when I send emails (from [email protected]) to Ionos customers, they get bounced with following error:

At the moment, I checked sending to Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft (@msn.com, @outlook.com, @live.es) and they work perfectly, problem is only with Ionos.

I visited SMTP Error Messages of the IONOS Mail Servers - IONOS Help to see how to solve it, and it says:

So, I've already have a fixed IP address. My server is in a dedicated root server in Hetzner, virtualized in a Linux Container in Proxmox. I made this in Robot:

View attachment 23497

Waited for changes to propagate (in dnschecker.org), but still getting same error from Ionos.

Tried to add a PTR record in Plesk like this:

View attachment 23498

But I get this error:

View attachment 23499

Also tried with /32, got the same error.

Also changed spf to this (as seen on another post):

View attachment 23500

But doesn't work either.

This is all I could try with my (limited) knowledge, would you help me sorting this out?

Thanks in advance.

BUT:
I want to use this server for various email domains, @example1.com, @example2.com, @example3.com, etc. For what I learned solving above post, problem with sending to Ionos is you need to have, in your PTR record, same domain name as email's domain, but what if I want to have several domains in the same IP address?

Thanks in advance.

You only need to resolve to one domain on that server. You do not need (and cannot have) PTR records for various domains. One is enough. Other domains on the same server will work with it, too. No need to add anything.

You only need to resolve to one domain on that server. You do not need (and cannot have) PTR records for various domains. One is enough. Other domains on the same server will work with it, too. No need to add anything.
Thanks!
I set up another domain with email, but now I see that HELO record is fixed for one of the two domains as seen here:

I can change it in Postfix main.cf, but it's changed for both domains. How can I solve this?

@Peter Debik Could you please confirm this or show a good solution. I'm also facing the rDNS being the Hostname and the Domain name of sites on the server not resolving to it obviously

@EmperorFPI I do not understand the question. Generally speaking, rDNS is not configured on your server, it is configured in a router at your data center.

My rDNS can be set in the Admin panel of my servers (VPSs), I use Ionos VPSs
I'm new to Plesk and hadn't had to sort through this with cPanel.

Hostname and rDNS are the same ice1.domainname.com

I'm trying to figure out how the sites on that server deliver email. Lots of issues right now with bounces, etc

Back