• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

External Link / Page

M

mbrown

Thanks for upgrading and adding in the option to have an external page in the menu. However wouldn't it have been a good idea to be able to select if it stays in the same window or opens a new window / tab?

Set up this way the external link takes people away from my website, this is a Marketing No No.

Is there any work around for this as It takes a long time for my host to update the versions.

Mike Brown

I understand what you are talking about. Thanks for the request. I passed it to developers and probably it will be added into next updates. I have also requested possible workaround for this case which probably could be applied for current version, so as soon as I get any news I will let you know.

I strongly second this request. Is there any way to add the <a target="_blank" href="http://www.site.com"> code to make sure that external links open in a new window, not in the same window. It certainly is a big no-no to have external web links opening in the same window! Any idea soon we can expect to get this fixed? Thank you.

Such feature request already exists and it will be added into product in future releases. Can not say for sure when exactly but anyway I have passed your message to developers as well.

Back