• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Failed Domain Creation & SmarterMail problems

C

carlosmp

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when I try to create a new domain:

"Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: SOAP failed. Failed in sending message."

When I try to set the password for Smartermail in the component configuration, I get a message that says:

"Some fields are empty or contain an improper value."

Not sure exactly what's going on...

It seems like this error appears when you are using the Smarter mail via IIS. Actually, Plesk doesn't support smartermail via IIS. Maybe, It will be included in Plesk 7.5.7. To solve this issue you should stop the smartermail domain in IIS and start the smartermail service via administrative tools -> services.

Why doesn't SmarterMail support IIS? It's worked before without any problems...

Services are running fine without any problems...the only issue is that it shows up with the X in the component management, but according to Windows, it's running.

I've also changed the behavior of the webmail defualt IIS site sot hat it goes to the MRS folder, so that we don't have to manually create host headers for each domain...

It doesnt work because plesk relies on the smartermail built in webserver port number to post to the smarter mail webservices. If you have smartmer mails webserver off then there is no response when posting to that port.

Smartermail integration into plesk is still in its infancy at best. You can still run the webmail under IIS but unfortunately you'll still have to have the SM webserver on.

-r

Back