• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Failed to apply the firewall configuration.

michaeljoseph01

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
I know this was an issue before and maybe resolved in a firewall update but I just started having this happen on a fresh Ubuntu 22.04/Plesk/Litespeed install. It happens weather I'm running litespeed with apache/nginx disabled or apache/nginx with litespeed disabled.

I get one of the following:

"Failed to apply the firewall configuration.
I did not receive connectivity confirmation after applying new firewall configuration, then same happened after I reverted to previous configuration. This means that both new and previous configurations were bad. Emergency rollback to configuration without rules was performed. Firewall is now disabled. Fix your rules and try again."

"Failed to apply the firewall configuration.
Did not receive a matching activation token before confirmation timeout"

"Unexpected token '<', "<!DOCTYPE "... is not valid JSON"

My site is live so I'm going to have to manually add my rules to iptables.

Update: just spent 45+ minutes on a support chat that was underwhelming to say the least. After giving the support "agent" ssh access I then waited for 30 minutes just for him to come back and say he was unable to locate the log file and could I find the log and paste the error into the chat. Then proceeded to disconnect me, at which point the chatbot assured me that I'm only 3rd in line and 30 minutes away from speaking to someone.

Meanwhile I can't make changes to plesk firewall.

Hi @michaeljoseph01, thank you for posting. Did you get a ticket ID from support? Would you mind mailing me the ID in a private message so that I can have a look at the ticket, please?

Thank you for your big patience anyway. I understand that the ticket is off the normally swift service quality. Regardless of the current state I am sure that staff will keep working on this, especially under which circumstances it can be reproduced here. It's quite important to find out. Hopefully we can come up with a solution soon.

Unfortunately I was disgusted with the support response, or lack thereof - for a firewall failure on a production machine - so I disabled the plesk firewall and now use a different solution.

Your only option is to submit a ticket, well let me back up -- lets hope you purchased your plesk license directly from plesk, otherwise they will tell you to kick rocks and not provide support for their own product.

Back