• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Failed to pack" error in Backup

morlock

New Pleskian
Hi there!

For a few days we've been getting the following error from our scheduled backup:

Failed to pack files plesk11_[domainname]_mn_1306042246 in /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/[client]/domains/[domain] [ 833137680384 bytes free of 936391059456 bytes total on mount point 0]

As you can see, there's plenty of disk space available and we also have enough RAM in our server, so there shouldn't be any resource issues. ATM I have no clue what's causing this error. It's also the same domain /client every day.
We're running Plesk 11.0.9 Update #53 on CentOS 6.4. As far as I can tell the problem first appeared right after MU#53 was installed so there might be a connection.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
morlock

Hi Igor!

Thanks for your hint. I already found that thread, but looking at the logs didn't give me any further hints and I think just commenting the lines in the script should not be the solution. Is there anything else I could try or check to get this to work?

Kind regards,
morlock

I experienced the same error on 5 our servers since Update #53. I'm also interested on any solution (... soon).
No matter if Backup is placed on the server or on FTP.
Running Plesk on Debian Squeeze 6.0.7

Hi@Parallels,

i have the same Problem since a few days. I think, after the last Update to #53.

My Error with the Backup:
Failed to execute backup of mysql database ******Customerdatabase (can´t tell it here)
Failed to pack files ******Servername and Databasename (can´t tell it here)

The Failure is only by Mysql-Databases.
The Failure is by 2 of 20 Databases.
The Databases are very small in Diskspace.
I have enough Diskspace for Backup to Server and Personal Repository for Backup.

Operating System: Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
Plesk Version: 11.0.9 Update #53 from June, 05.

Please fix this Problem...i will not try all the Workarounds here with hacks and outcomment code
in Plesk-Programms-Codes...I think this is not the right way. I/We need a Bugfix direct from
Parallels...

Please help!
Sorry, for my bad English....

Nice Day!
bye, Bernd

We have already submitted request to developers (#1666508 for your reference) and they are working on it. I will inform you with results as soon as I receive them.

Hi Igor,

the microupdate doesn´t work. I have 11.0.9 Update #54 and the Bug is still there.
Do you know that?

:-(.

bye, Bernd

MU#55 is released with fix for backup manager - http://kb.parallels.com/116338

i have updated "11.0.9 Actualizar #55, última actualización Jun 28, 2013 03:27 AM"

and still the same problem

<description>Failed to pack files xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_1307171601 in /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/XXXXXXXXXXX/databases/xxxxxxxxxxxx [ 29017487360 bytes free of 48955039744 bytes total on mount point 0]</description>

my DB is 3 Gb, not 48Gb

MU#55 is released with fix for backup manager - http://kb.parallels.com/116338

Hi,

I have 11.5.30 Update #14, and still receive several of these errors every backup-run since two months or so:

Code:
Failed to pack files daily_backup_XXXXX_apache-files_1309180407 in /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/XXXXX [ 118345439232 bytes free of 237966843904 bytes total on mount point 0]

The strange thing is:
- There is hundrets of GB space on the HDD
- this client actually has one of the smallest DBs on the server: only ~10 MB. But the error occurs only here, not with other clients with larger DBs.

My installation is up to date.

It seems this bug has not been fixed in the 11.5.30 release.

Thanks,
Southy

Back