• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Failed to update Panel" error message

Alec_West

New Pleskian
I'm using Plesk 11 in a Ubuntu 12.04 Linux environment on a remote dedicated server. I am NOT trying to upgrade to Plesk 12. But, every time I log onto the panel, I get the error message shown on the subject line. Afterward, it says, "To solve this problem, send an update log to Parallels support." I have the update log ... but have no idea "where" to send it. Is there an email address? A webpage?

Regards,
J. Alec West

P.S. Note that this error message doesn't prevent me from using the Panel. It merely shows up at page-top whenever I log on. And all I'm trying to do is solve the issue by following the error message instructions.

Regards,
J. Alec West

Have you tried to fix this issue with help of bootstrapper repair procedure or with installing all latest updates with

# $PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

?

Have you tried to fix this issue with help of bootstrapper repair procedure or with installing all latest updates with

# $PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

?
I confess I'm unfamiliar with the "bootstrapper repair procedure." I attempted the shell procedure mentioned above and got this response:

-bash /admin/sbin/autoinstaller: No such file or directory

Regards,
J. Alec West

1. # /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.xxx-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
2. # /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

What about output of command:

# rpm -qa | grep bootstrapper

?

Oops. I put "11.5" on the command line. It should have been "11.5.30." When I did, I got this response:

Bootstrap setup actions for Plesk 11.5.30
Usage: bootstrapper.sh <prep-install|post-install|rerun|perform-deferred-actions> [component|BASE]
bootstrapper.sh <repair|perform-deferred-actions>
Running 'bootstrapper.sh repair' with PLESK_INSTALLER_FAST_REPAIR=1 environment
variable set will skip some of the most time-consuming restore actions.

Regards,
J. Alec West

# /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

And?

# /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

And?
And, I tried the second procedure line you mentioned above and got this response:

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.

I apologize for being so dense on this. But, I'm assuming I just have to wait for this first procedure to complete. Do I then run the 2nd procedure?

Regards,
J. Alec West

OK. As much as I appreciate the command-line suggestions, I'm still getting the "BUSY" message in shell and I'm still getting the error message when I log on to the Panel. When Parallels created the error message and instructions, quote:

Failed to update Panel. To solve this problem, you can send the update log to Parallels support.

I assumed they were serious in the 2nd sentence. Did I assume incorrectly? I do have the update log. Where do I send it - an email address? Or do I submit it through a webpage?

BTW, here is today's update log:
Execution failed.
Command: autoinstaller
Arguments: Array
(
[0] => --select-product-id
[1] => plesk
[2] => --select-release-current
[3] => --upgrade-installed-components
[4] => --include-components-from-class
[5] => vendor=parallels
[6] => --include-components-from-class
[7] => patched
)

Details:
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.

FWIW, the update logs for the 9th and 10th (before I executed the command-line instructions given earlier in this thread) are "identical" - both showing the "BUSY" message.

Regards,
J. Alec West

Last edited:
Back