• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Failed to update Plesk

zerozenit

New Pleskian
On my home screen I found the following warning:
Failed to update Plesk. To solve this problem, you can send the update log to Plesk support. View the update logs (July 27, 2019). Copy the logs to your computer before you close this message. To close this message, click here.

These are the update logs:

Execution failed.
Command: autoinstaller
Arguments: Array
(
[0] => --select-product-id
[1] => plesk
[2] => --select-release-current
[3] => --upgrade-installed-components
)

Details: Downloading file products.inf3: 0%
Downloading file products.inf3: 100% was finished.

(...cut...)

Starting xinetd service... already started
xinetd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable xinetd

ERROR: Failed to install or upgrade the extension 'WordPress Toolkit' (package: wp-toolkit):
[2019-07-27 06:28:32.350] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
[2019-07-27 06:28:32.289] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] Execution plesk-migrator-post-install-packages.sh has failed with exit code 100, stdout: Bootstrapping dependencies for ubuntu xenial...
, stderr: E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
[2019-07-27 06:28:32.289] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] Execution plesk-migrator-post-install-packages.sh has failed with exit code 100, stdout: Bootstrapping dependencies for ubuntu xenial...
, stderr: E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try to install the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

----

This is my server:

Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #60, last updated on July 19, 2019 06:28 AM

Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-146-generic x86_64)

Can you suggest a correct procedure to solve the problem?

Thank you.

Thank you. I executed to get the list of the apt processes, but no processes was running.

Through the plesk panel I updated the plesk starting from the page https: // _ myserver_: 8447 / summary.html? and it went well (from Update # 60 to Update # 62).

I think it was a transient problem and everything is fine now.

Back