• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FASTCGI error after upgrading to PHP 7.0.1 from PHP 7.0.0

Burak

New Pleskian
I have both Wordpress sites and Non WP sites on my VDS. They were all running fine with Fastcgi selected in PHP settings page at version 7.0.0.

A few days ago, I upgraded my Plesk panel and also PHP version. After the installation, none of my sites run properly. Both WP and other sites began to fail and 500 error has occured. I could not even see the phpinfo page. Then I changed the setting to FPM from Fastcgi. The none-WP sites began to run but unfortunately WP sites failed again. I checked the configuration and realized that the links that end with "/" fail to load and 500 error was produced. The SEO engine in WP puts the "/" and I have nothing to do.

What I want is, can somebody tell me what has happened at PHP 7.0.1 ?
Why does Fastcgi fail at 7.0.1 ? It seems to be a bug.

@Burak

I saw and responded to this post: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/php-7-0-7-0-1-update-via-mu-kills-all-wp-websites.336457/

However, in this topic thread, you are being more specific, to my relief.

What you describe seems to be or even actually is a WordPress related issue, not a PHP or Plesk related issue.

In fact, your problem is very likely to be caused by a common problem with specific WordPress plugins, that aim to make "SEO friendly" URLs.

Well, that is "not so friendly", since the automatic rewrites can cause many (minor, major and severe) problems.

Just go to WordPress instance and disable the rewrite option within the SEO plugin AND allow for pretty permalinks (see WordPress settings), that´s all!

I am pretty sure that, if you follow the above, no problems with either Fastcgi or FPM will occur.

Regards.....

@trialotto Please take into account that there are also simple noWP websites. Even <?php phpinfo(); ?> gives 500 error on these websites while fastcgi is selected at PHP 7.0.1.
All the setup was same at 7.0.0 and I have had no problem. I am waiting for PHP update or asking for a way to downgrade it back to 7.0.0. Panel does not give me downgrade option !

@Burak,

I do not have the problems encountered by you: I tried to reproduce the errors, but to no success.

In short, your issues are not related (at all) to the default PHP + Fastcgi / FPM stack, as provided by Plesk.

It can be the case that there is something in your setup that has been altered, or some issue related to WordPress.

Note that the issues with non-WP sites are indicating a problem with

- invalid directives in .htaccess files, (and/or)
- incorrect config files, (and/or)
- missing or unreadable php.ini file, (and/or)
- (some other potential culprits, but we leave them out of the equation, for the sake of convenience).

Please run a "plesk repair all -n" command: if everything is "OK", than it is very likely that some .htaccess issue is the underlying root cause of the problem.

Note that it can be the case that you have to verify, check and edit .htaccess files manually and individually, if .htaccess are indeed the problem.

Also note that applications, creating there own .htaccess files, can cause new problems when an update of those applications adjusts the .htaccess files: be sure that you have upgraded the applications to a version that is php 7 compatible (for instance, use WordPress 4.4).

Hope the above helps a tiny bit.

Regards....

udFsQeQ.png

I think there are no major problems here...

@Burak,

Really, there are some issues, even when disregarding the fact that your disk is (in essence) full.

In fact, the two notification "WARNING" should not occur.

First, have a look at the files with wrong permissions in the domain heliteknik.com. Remove the files, if you do not recognize them as "safe".

Afterwards, just run "plesk repair all" and check whether this resolves your problem.

Regards....

Back