• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

fastCGI PHP 5.3.27 can't find extensions?

iantresman

Basic Pleskian
A domain's selected FastCGI PHP 5.3.27 doesn't seem to be including the specified optional gd extension, though it has taken note of my selection of open_basedir=none.
  1. I am running Plesk 11.5.30 update 22 with PHP 5.3.3, Linux CentOS 5.9 (Final)
  2. My hosts have setup alternative versions of PHP, so that a domain's "Hosting Settings" shows the availability of four FastCGI application, displaying as:
    • PHP 5.3.3
    • PHP 5.3.27.tar.bz2
    • PHP 5.3
    • PHP 5.4
    (It would be better if the latter two options showed the minor-version number)
  3. When I select "5.3.27.tar.bz2", the "PHP Settings" options shows "PHP version: 5.3" (would be better to show "5.3.27.tar.bz2)"
  4. In my "Additional directives" section, I include the item: extension=gd.so
    but gd it does not appear in phpinfo (gd does appear if I select the server default PHP 5.3.3, and I don't need to add a directive)
  5. I have tried restarting the server.
I'm guessing that extensions are handlined differently for fastCGI applications, or their location is different, or extensions meant for one PHP version can't be used with another? Or should I try something different?

Hello,

It's seems that GD is not installed with your php and due to that you are getting this issues, You will have to install gd on your server with the php.

Here are the useful info about 2 php version and modules installations : http://kb.parallels.com/en/114753

Which suggests that I can't make use of the extensions that are already available with the default server PHP, or are extensions version specific, and get updated as PHP gets updated?

Back