• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Fasthosts & Plesk

PaperPix

New Pleskian
Some time ago a drive failed in a dedicated server I hire from Fasthosts. To cut a long story short they botched the drive replacement leaving me dead in the water for 3 days before I said enough, blow the server away and reinstall the OS and Plesk. So still 4 more days and the server is still dead in the water, but what has this got to do with Plesk? It seems that a full back up that is encrypted cannot be re-installed on a server that needs a full restore. I missed the message provided by Plesk when doing a full back up but have to ask the question, why offer a full backup that cannot be restored on a system that may need it, i.e. after a complete failure. So still going Sloooowly Fasthosts are recovering every password for every website, while my clients and beta testers are completely cheesed off and moving house anyway. I am hoping someone from Plesk can explain if there is a way to restore a full backup to another system or recover the encryption key. Thanks. Terry

Thanks UFHH01 - but that does not excuse Plesk of a pathetic backup system.
Why give the option to have encryption if that option will result in a useless backup in the event of an unskilled Fasthosts engineer catastrophically destroying the server? A full backup is by design a disaster recovery option.

Hi PaperPix,

if you feel that a discussion is usefull, I'm the complete wrong person for that. I just wanted you to know, where you could find informations for your issue and how you can solve your issue. ;)

Back