• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fatal error using additional PHP version

Lars Ebert

New Pleskian
Using Plesk 12.0.18 and CentOS 6.6, I installed PHP 5.6 through the Plesk Updates menu. After that, the new version was not automatically selectable inside Plesk Panel. I added it using php_handler.

However, when selecting PHP 5.6 for a website, I only get a 500 server error.

Trying to troubleshoot, I ran "/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi -v", which also resulted in an error:
Fatal Error Unable to allocate shared memory segment of 67108864 bytes: mmap: Cannot allocate memory (12)

The same kind of error is logged in the error_log for the website I switched to 5.6.

I have found some guides how to fix this, but in none of them, the error also occurs when calling "php-cgi -v" directly in the command line.

The same error occured when I tried the same thing with PHP 5.5.

How can this issue be fixed?

Just did. The shmpages-limit is already higher than what the article suggests, still it is used up
resource held maxheld barrier limit failcnt
shmpages 26877 26877 32768 49152 72

There are 72 failcounters. Looks like it is lack of resource. Do you have failcounters for other resources? Have you tried restart VPS with new settings?

shmpages is the only failing resource. I have restarted the VPS multiple times, the error starts to occurr immediately after the server is started.

If serious increasing shmpages didn't help - contact support team for more detailed investigation directly on your server.

Hi Lars,

I know this is an old thread but did you ever figure out what was wrong? I'm having an identical issue on my Centos 6.8 server with Onyx. I'm assuming a corrupt php.ini or something but nothing I try seems to work. Strangely, it only affects some sites and only happens when using PHP-FPM.

Back