1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Feature request: server-side mail filtering

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by breun, Apr 14, 2008.

1. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Customers would love to be able to do some server-side mail filtering. They know they can do this on their desktops using their own mail clients, but when they incidentally log into webmail they have an inbox filled with all their mailinglist subscriptions, etc.

It would be nice if Plesk could provide a GUI for server-side mail filters, maybe using procmail or something like that as the backend.

2. danliker

danliker Silver Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

43%
    the horde webmail has a filter option ...

3. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Hm, I hadn't noticed. I also happen to like SquirrelMail better.

But then users need to setup filters both in Horde and in their own desktop mail clients. Or do the filters setup in Horde also function when not using Horde? If not (I'll go and look into this), my feature request still stands. I'd like the filtering to happen right after receiving the message without having to run any clients (desktop or webmail).

4. jordimc

jordimc Guest

Hello,
    Nice that this feature has been created!

Could you explain where/how we can configure server-side filter rules?

Thanks!