• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Features for the next versions

Database Limits

I think that you should be able to allow or not a llow MS SQL databases per user from the admin level. In general you charge more fro SQL useage but there is no way to lock you other standard rate customers from creating databases. Same with Cold Fusion support if you have that option. It really should be set to aloow those on a user basis.

My 2 Cents

Doug

Knowledge base

I think you should get a knowledge base that all your users can search through for answers.. As the plesk support team resolves an issue they have that information in the knowledge base so we can find answers to problems. the forum is a great tool but it doesnt always have the answers to problems.

Space of database

I hope on the next version of Plesk 7 for Windows. Plesk will provide for admin permission to set space for database of each plan. :)

Client Templates

A couple of things that would be highly beneficial from a reseller's or client's point of view.

It would be very nice to have DNS Templates from a client perspective. Maybe even associate it with a Domain Template. That way if you select template A1 it will create a CName record 'forum' that points to 'forum.shareddomain.tld'

Also, to be able to specify a Domain Template through the Creation Utilities would be great. (If there is a way to do this already, please let me know!)

URL forwarding

How about adding support for *** URL FORWARDING***
It is a very useful feature that most of my clients ask for.

1. technical documentation, usage and syntax of every command line program in admin/bin

2. technical documentation, usage of every table in the psa database

3. technical documentation, udage of every registry setting plesk has

4. technical documentation, the flow of every function in the control panel, what steps do they do, where do they get their data from, in order to fully understand plesk and be able to handle errors

5. open bug database, in order to easily and quickly be able to find your problem and see the solutions

6. more developers in the forum

support secondary more mailserver (equal which - if it only goes )

automatic zone and zones transmission to slave dns server

Billing & Automation?

I just recently quit using the HSphere control panel and switched to a host that uses the Plesk control panel. I really miss built-in automated billing complete with billing for overages that HSphere had. Now I need to pay extra for a service like modern bill or clientexec to handle this, adn they wont automaticly take into account any overages. It was a very large disapointment for me. That would be the feature I would most desperately want to have built into plesk.

The automation of new accounts was also great in HSphere and made my life a lot easier as a reseller. I know there are scripts out there, and services like modernbill can handle this, I would much rather have everything built into one. This simplifies a lot of things. While this feature is great, if I had to choose between billing or automation, it would be billing.

I am sure ddreams will chime in here and talk about how bad of an idea built in billing is like he does in every post about this, but I dont take him/her too seriously cause he/she is a reseller of a product that would be hurt by built in billing.

Would like to see support for adding SPF Records to the DNS.

Back