• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Fedora

tupeu

Basic Pleskian
Hi, i remember that when Plesk was at version 8.4 you said that Plesk 9 when it will be released it will support Fedora 9 but here we are at Plesk 9.2.2 and still no support for Fedora 9 or 10 or even the new Fedora 11 !

We just want to know why and (if) when !?
10x

Last edited:
Why can't you give any response?!?

Why can't you give any response to these questions?!?

I would REALLY like to upgrade my Fedora!! But I can't because then Plesk won't work any more.

I thought about switching to Debian again - but it's the same problem there: no support for Debian 5!

If there won't come any new versions for these System PLEASE TELL US!!! Then we can think about alternatives.

Will you provide a Plesk version for Fedora 10, 11 or 12?!
Will you provide a Plesk version for Debian 5?!

Really need fedora 9,10, or 11

Ditto - I have two new servers ready to go. I need packages in addition to PLESK control panel on them so it's difficult to proceed with fedora core 8 since it has been obsoleted.

If you look at the Small Business Plesk 10 you'll see it supports Fedora 11, while its a subset of plesk you'll see that indeed the work is being done. That being said, I highly recommend using CentOS for hosting environments, it is essentially Fedora 6 but with a 7 year support cycle.

I see full Fedora 11 support in 9.2.3 ! :) Can we see some ASL packages for F11 now? Like 90% are there..

I just like the native mysql 5.1 and httpd 2.2.3

Meantime if you can't wait to upgrade and have ASL it does work, except for the web-gui. Everything else mod_sec, etc, etc all works.

First of all: what is ASL ?

Do i need to wait untill december to rebuild my VPS with Fedora 11 ...is it worth it to wait for this "ASL" ?

No upgrade right now!

ASL is atomic secured Linux a complete security set of packages. And you can install thus now, I am already on F11 running ASL.

Back