• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue File Manager bug with uploading files to subfolders

dedalx

New Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
When you have multiple subfolders (for example folder-1, folder-2, folder-3) in the same root folder (for example root-folder) and you go to folder-3 for example and upload file to this folder using File Manager in Plesk (via drag and drop or using upload button) this file will be uploaded to folder-1 instead of folder-3, if you previously uploaded files to folder-1 and page will be refreshed to folder-1 after upload.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) Create folders structure like this:
root-folder
- folder-1
- folder-2
- folder-3
2) Go to root-folder/folder-1 and upload any files (using File Manager), for example sample.zip to this folder from File manager. You will get file uploaded correctly.
3) Then go to root-folder/folder-2 (or root-folder/folder-3) and upload the same file sample.zip to this folder. You will see that file will be uploaded to root-folder/folder-1 (folder used previously) instead of current folder.

Maybe this related to the same file name and same file used in uploading (maybe not), and maybe you need to upload file to >2 folders to get this bug (On my real server I uploaded files to 6 folders, and got issue from 2nd upload).

I does not see this issue on other server with old Plesk 12 panel.

This is screenshot from my actual structure of subfolders (maybe this matter) - http://take.ms/rITXM
On real server I uploaded ZIP file to /carrie-N/wp-content/themes/ folders, where "N" - digit from 1 to 6. I got issue on 2nd folder and next folders as well (all files was uploaded to /carrie-1/wp-content/themes/ instead of
correct carrie-2,carrie-3, etc).

ACTUAL RESULT
File uploaded to incorrect subfolder that was previously used for uploading this file.

EXPECTED RESULT
File should be uploaded to current folder.

Hi dedalx,

such described issues can be the result of multiple browser windows/tabs for the same session, or when your browser uses a cached page on your computer, instead of requesting the correct page from the server.

I really suggest to use a "normal" FTP - software, when transfering data to or from your webspace, because even that the Plesk - File - Manager is a "good piece of work", it can't replace a "normal" FTP - software.

Thanks, I will check. I may have several Plesk windows opened at the same time. Yes, of course I use FTP, but for some quick tasks like multiple ZIP upload and unzipping in the same time with folders deleting FTP is not good (especially for unzip and deleting folders with files). Of course I can use SSH for this, but this will not be so quick as File Manager when I can upload>unzip>delete folder in 5 seconds.

I may have several Plesk windows opened at the same time
... which answers pretty quick, that it is actually not a bug, but a misusage. Plesk uses session - cookies to secure your connection. ;)

Hello @dedalx
I confirm this issue as a bug: PPP-27075. We will fix it in one of the future updates.
Thank you for reporting!

Back