• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

File Mgr / FTP say directory does not exist

L

Lima Bean

Background:
Move a small vbulletin forum from one server to a Plesk w/CentOS 5 server. Forum database was small enough that I did not migrate, just copied over a sql dump and uploaded the forum structure then changed path settings. Forum does work fine, with the exception of user photos that for some reason are hung on their directory not being recognized by Plesk file manager.

What happens:
I can manually FTP into the site. I can move around, change directories, etc. I can chmod the directories and files. Or at least I get the confirmation, but it is really not happening. When I try to use File Manager from Plesk I get this error:

Error: Unable to change directory to /httpdocs/community/images/userpics: filemng failed: filemng: stat failed: No such file or directory

System error 2: No such file or directory

There is such a file or directory, and I can move around in it manually with Filezilla. As I said, I can even chmod, but I don't think it is really changing permission because when users try to load pictures they get a directory does not have permissions or does not exist error:

Failed to write file. Check disc quotas and permissions for the path: /var/www/vhosts/branchcountylive.com/community/images/userpic/0/6c5408785407f126f37e4f88a9830fe3_74.jpg

FTP has no quotas, disk has plenty of space. I thought I might have had an open_basedir issue because it was originally tossing an open_basedir error along with the above upload errors, so I turned it off, but that was not the issue, although of course the open_basdir error message has gone away.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

No ideas frome experienced users?

This entire experience with Plesk has proven to be difficult and onerous. Plesk refuses to provide support because the license for the product was issued to my VPS provider. My VPS provider refuses to support my question unless I pay a support fee because I chose unmanaged server option. On the other hand, Plesk will be happy to go ahead an support my question if I pony up the support fee to them. I guess its money that matters rather than supporting your products.

In the meantime, I still am perplexed as to why I have directories that exist and are seen clearly in my FTP program and at the command line as rwxrwxrwx 777 but the Plesk file managers shows them as well but states they do not exist. This is killing me because the forum software I am using returns a error message that the directory is not writable.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Back