• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

File Sharing uploads question

Phudpucker

New Pleskian
Hi Folks,

On Panel 11.0.9 there's a File Sharing tab which seems like a good thing. I've managed to work out how to allow customers to "download" files I've placed in a secure spot for them, but I want to do the reverse - i.e. create a secure folder and send the link to a customer so he/she can "upload" files for our use. We are a print company, and the idea is for customers to upload their artwork files via this method - but I can't seen any obvious way to allow this to happen.

Incidentally, customers will mostly NOT be FTP-literate, so I simply want to send them a link to their secure folder, have them hit it via a browser and log in using the credentials I provide, then they must be able to select files for upload from their computer... thereby giving us access to what we need to print for them.

Is this even possible via Plesk, or am I expecting too much?

Looks like you never got an answer to this question. I am curious as well. This would be a great feature. Did you ever find out if it was possible to allow clients to upload files via file sharing?

Did you find out if it was possible to allow clients to upload files via file-sharing?
I think that you can allow that by:
Giving them a permission for (Password-protected directories management).

Or, did you figure something else?

Thanks.

Back