• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Firewall change crashes Plesk

DaveKay

Regular Pleskian
I'm having a problem applying a change to the firewall through Plesk Panel.

I am specifically trying to open the Samba ports to setup a network share.

When trying to apply the new configuration, I am unable to reconnect to Plesk Panel. All is fine after restarting psa in SSH, however, the new firewall configuration hasn't been applied.

I tried to open a few other services as a quick test and unable to make changes to any ports without the need to restart psa.

Panel is 11.0.9 MU# 26 on Ubuntu 10.04.4 - all up to date.

Any ideas on where to look for any clues?

Any help much appreciated!

No help unfortunately...

I ran the spider with psa running - no related kb articles.

I then crashed psa by applying the firewall change - the spider reported the same kb articles so no help unfortunately.

What kind of virtualization do you use? Virtuozzo?
Try to execute from ssh /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh
May be one of the rules cannot be applyed on your system and fails.

Hi Eugene,

The VPS is not in a Virtuozzo Container. I haven't ever previously had any problems with editing the firewall rules.

The file you mention doesn't exist in that directory. The only files that exist in that folder are:
active.flag
firewall-active.sh
firewall-emergency.sh
ip_forward.sh

This issue is now with tech support - 3 days but no solution yet! Will update with answer for future viewers when resolved

All fixed - seemed to be an issue quite deeply embedded in Plesk. Fix below:

Utility /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/firewall/safeact, which activates firewall also restarts sw-cp-server after activation of the new configuration.

While restarting the service it was unable to start the service due to below error in "/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log":

/bin/sh: /usr/share/sso/sso-ssl-conf.sh: not found

This one comes from old SSO config, left by previous installations:

root@admin:/etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d# grep sso-ssl-conf
00-sso-cpserver.conf:var.sso_ssl_conf_script = "/usr/share/sso/sso-ssl-conf.sh"

Happy days!
:)

All fixed - seemed to be an issue quite deeply embedded in Plesk. Fix below:

Utility /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/firewall/safeact, which activates firewall also restarts sw-cp-server after activation of the new configuration.

While restarting the service it was unable to start the service due to below error in "/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log":

Happy days!
:)

Sorry I dont get what I have to do in the fix you give here.
I get the issue discriped, and the reason why but what is the fix ?
Have same problem and is a newbie to plesk, Linux etc...

Sorry, missed a line out of what i was sent by Tech support:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While restart the service it was preventing to start the service due to below error in "/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log":

I moved config file away (into root directory) to fix the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not apply this fix directly myself, a tech support engineer did it - please be careful not to break your Plesk installation - backup EVERYTHING before removing the file.

Ultimately, you need to remove the old configuration file.

Let me know how you get on!

Last edited:
Back