• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Firewall change crashes Plesk

DaveKay

Regular Pleskian
I'm having a problem applying a change to the firewall through Plesk Panel.

I am specifically trying to open the Samba ports to setup a network share.

When trying to apply the new configuration, I am unable to reconnect to Plesk Panel. All is fine after restarting psa in SSH, however, the new firewall configuration hasn't been applied.

I tried to open a few other services as a quick test and unable to make changes to any ports without the need to restart psa.

Panel is 11.0.9 MU# 26 on Ubuntu 10.04.4 - all up to date.

Any ideas on where to look for any clues?

Any help much appreciated!

No help unfortunately...

I ran the spider with psa running - no related kb articles.

I then crashed psa by applying the firewall change - the spider reported the same kb articles so no help unfortunately.

What kind of virtualization do you use? Virtuozzo?
Try to execute from ssh /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh
May be one of the rules cannot be applyed on your system and fails.

Hi Eugene,

The VPS is not in a Virtuozzo Container. I haven't ever previously had any problems with editing the firewall rules.

The file you mention doesn't exist in that directory. The only files that exist in that folder are:
active.flag
firewall-active.sh
firewall-emergency.sh
ip_forward.sh

This issue is now with tech support - 3 days but no solution yet! Will update with answer for future viewers when resolved

All fixed - seemed to be an issue quite deeply embedded in Plesk. Fix below:

Utility /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/firewall/safeact, which activates firewall also restarts sw-cp-server after activation of the new configuration.

While restarting the service it was unable to start the service due to below error in "/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log":

/bin/sh: /usr/share/sso/sso-ssl-conf.sh: not found

This one comes from old SSO config, left by previous installations:

root@admin:/etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d# grep sso-ssl-conf
00-sso-cpserver.conf:var.sso_ssl_conf_script = "/usr/share/sso/sso-ssl-conf.sh"

Happy days!
:)

All fixed - seemed to be an issue quite deeply embedded in Plesk. Fix below:

Utility /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/firewall/safeact, which activates firewall also restarts sw-cp-server after activation of the new configuration.

While restarting the service it was unable to start the service due to below error in "/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log":

Happy days!
:)

Sorry I dont get what I have to do in the fix you give here.
I get the issue discriped, and the reason why but what is the fix ?
Have same problem and is a newbie to plesk, Linux etc...

Sorry, missed a line out of what i was sent by Tech support:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While restart the service it was preventing to start the service due to below error in "/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log":

I moved config file away (into root directory) to fix the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not apply this fix directly myself, a tech support engineer did it - please be careful not to break your Plesk installation - backup EVERYTHING before removing the file.

Ultimately, you need to remove the old configuration file.

Let me know how you get on!

Last edited:
Back