• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Fix: new plesk 11 install, log rotation doesn't work

shall

Regular Pleskian
This has been bothering me for a week, and some of the logs are now ridiculously large. Investigated tonight to discover that the folder /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d didn't have log rotation profiles for any but 4 of the domains setup on the server, even though log rotation is explicitly described in the subscription profile. I tried the fix described in the docs here first, and, while it 'locked' the domain from syncing, it did work. I 'unlocked and synced' the domain again and the log rotation data was preserved - so I figure it's just another Plesk bug.

With over a hundred domains to fix I just used Excel to compile the following commands for each of them:
Code:
./subscription -u example.com -log-rotate true -log-bytime daily -log-max-num-files 7 -log-compress true
While fast and effective, another great part of this fix is that it didn't require me to go back in and 'unlock and resync' the subscription. It just fixed it.

Like most Plesk fixes, this was a very simple fix - once I figured out how to do it. Now I just have to run the following to get them all to rotate and process the stats immediately:
Code:
/etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily

Back