• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Fix: new plesk 11 install, log rotation doesn't work

shall

Regular Pleskian
This has been bothering me for a week, and some of the logs are now ridiculously large. Investigated tonight to discover that the folder /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d didn't have log rotation profiles for any but 4 of the domains setup on the server, even though log rotation is explicitly described in the subscription profile. I tried the fix described in the docs here first, and, while it 'locked' the domain from syncing, it did work. I 'unlocked and synced' the domain again and the log rotation data was preserved - so I figure it's just another Plesk bug.

With over a hundred domains to fix I just used Excel to compile the following commands for each of them:
Code:
./subscription -u example.com -log-rotate true -log-bytime daily -log-max-num-files 7 -log-compress true
While fast and effective, another great part of this fix is that it didn't require me to go back in and 'unlock and resync' the subscription. It just fixed it.

Like most Plesk fixes, this was a very simple fix - once I figured out how to do it. Now I just have to run the following to get them all to rotate and process the stats immediately:
Code:
/etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily

Back