• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FIX: Roundcube errors in log Plesk 11.5

agarzon

Basic Pleskian
* Plesk 11.5.30 fresh installation
* Centos 6.5 x64

I was getting this errors in roundcube log /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors
Code:
[17-Feb-2014 19:29:40 UTC] PHP Warning:  date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_config.php on line 435
[17-Feb-2014 19:29:40 UTC] PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 132
[17-Feb-2014 19:29:40 UTC] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 758

So, to fix this I just add
date.timezone = "America/Caracas" at the end of /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini (yo can set your own timezone)

And restart apache... problem solved.

Note for plesk devs: the date.timezone should be defined by default, because is mandarory since PHP 5.3, please consider this to next micro-upgrade

I have a similar error message in my log. When I try to edit in this php.ini it says
; ATTENTION!
;
; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
; SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.

Any idea?

Hi duvide,

even that this warning tells you "not to edit" the file, the solution in the first post will help you to solve your issue.
With the warning you should keep in mind, that Plesk patches/updates/upgrades might change the file without a notice, so please make a backup of the edited file, so you could replace it any time, if Plesk might revert your changes.

We're now on Plesk 12.5.30 and this issue still exists. It is making the /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors file very big. I've silenced it for now using the above instructions, but had hoped this would be properly fixed by now.

I've setup a new server with CentOS7 and Plesk 12.5
This described problem doesn't exist anymore with roundcube 1.1.3-cos7.build1205150921.15

Back