• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fixing Horde on Plesk 7.5.6 after PHP 5 upgrade

C

cyrus

Hi all,

I don't know if there is a fix to this already - but after I upgraded to PHP 5.1.2 using the instructions at :
http://faq.sw-soft.com/article_149_1048_en.html
I was not able to run Horde. It crashed, cried and gave me a headache. Finally, I thought of a worst case scenario and did something totally wierd.
The following assumes you have already installed PHP 5 using the FAQ's instructions.

1. Make a copy of /vhosts/webmail/horde folder or just rename it.
2. Make a copy of plesk's HORDE database (not this can be found in Plesk's MySQL instance running on 8306).
3. Goto horde.org and downloaded their latest horde, imp and turba packages

4. Assuming that now /vhosts/webmail/horde is empty, untar all horde files in this directory and upgrade your database as per their UPGRADE instructions

5. Copy all the config files from your old /horde/config directory and upload it to the ne horde's config directory

6. Untrar IMP in /horde/imp and TURBA in /horde/turba. Copy old configs to the new one

7. Check the webmail URL and make sure that you install the appripriate PHP/Pear packages as notified in /horde/test.php

8. Copy the php.ini file form old horde and make sure that the extension_dir points to the NEW PHP 5 extensions directory

9. Open IIS->Websites-Webmail and make sure that PHP5 is used instead of what the FAQ says.

Thats about it - everything should work. I might have missed more details but if any of you runs across a problem, then let me know.

NOTE: Couple of pointers
If you follow PHP 5 upgrade as per
SW-soft FAQ article you probably will run into some errors.
- Firstly, copy all files in /Additional/php/ext to /Additional/php/extensions
- Run /Additional/php/go-pear.bat and choose 'system' wide installation
- Install appropirate pear packages by using pear.bat in that same directory

(hope this works for you guys) :)

Running php 5.1.2 and php4 for horde works fine.

Though upgrading horde and use php 5 only seems a nice solution

Back