• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Forced Plesk update???

I just created a directory with 5'000 files in it and listing via FTP takes about ~5 seconds which is quite OK.

Maybe related to your filesystem? I use ext4:
Code:
# cat /proc/mounts | grep vhosts
/dev/mapper/vg2-lv_vhosts /var/www/vhosts ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

What about you?

Problem with ftp high cpu load is related to bug in proftpd-1.3.6 - Bug 4360 – slow directory listing in 1.3.6 in comparison to 1.3.5d
Generally speaking, it’s a bad idea to put too many files in one directory. Besides the fact that it is inconvenient, sooner or later there is a software or file system with which the problems begin. Best of all for any signs to create a directory tree with these files inside.
We have a corresponding internal report PPPM-9486 under developers investigation.

Any progress on this ProFTPd issue? Applications don't always let you choose where they store certain files. It isn't practical to tell every customer who has updated from 17.5 to 17.8 that they should now rearchitect their websites and web apps around Plesk's use of a version of ProFTPd with a known bug.

This is a very Microsoft way of doing things, automate minor updates sure, major updates should be left to admins to schedule.

Following up my post, it appears blacklisting psa-proftpd-1.3.6* in yum.conf will keep autoinstaller from reupgrading it. I'm waiting to hear from support, and they the developers, on whether this is safe to do or not.

Back